• Feb 26th, 2018 2:21 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6116 posts
74 upvotes
Ottawa

Cell Phone Macro Couplers

What do you guys think about these for travel....
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XN6 ... 23011&th=1

Are they gimmicky, or do they work?

Travelling overseas with the family over the next couple of weeks, so thinking this wouldn't be bad for the minimal investment....
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3168 posts
806 upvotes
Vaughan
skanji wrote: What do you guys think about these for travel....
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XN6 ... 23011&th=1

Are they gimmicky, or do they work?

Travelling overseas with the family over the next couple of weeks, so thinking this wouldn't be bad for the minimal investment....
I don't exactly have experience with a phone clip on. However, I have used a similar device for my dslr. I used a raynox dcr-250, which gave me pretty good macro photos. But a phone is different than a dslr though.

Also i don't see a macro adapter in your link. It shows a clip on lens, for a wide angle. If there is a macro one, i don't see why it wouldn't work. However, just be warned that with macro photos, you'll need good lighting, and be very close to your subject. So the DOF maybe razor thin. I hope you have an app on your phone which allows you to manual adjust iso, aperture, and shutter speeds. If not, you may find it hard to take macro's on a phone. Also, image quality may suffer due to the glass used. To be honest, I'm not sure how useful a macro clip on would work on a phone, due to sensor size.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5189 posts
1960 upvotes
Toronto
I think the moment lenses are supposed to be really good.

Maybe that would be better?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4151 posts
519 upvotes
what kinda of macro are people taking when travelling?
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2568 posts
772 upvotes
GTA
i just ordered the Sirui wide lens and a moment case. i recommend the sirui or moment wide lens and a moment case.