Cell Phones

Cellphone Unlock Services?

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2016 5:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2014
44 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

Cellphone Unlock Services?

Hello there,

What are the current recommended cheapest cellphone unlocking services here in the community? I noticed there was one from a year back, but didn't know if things are still current.
24 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17267 posts
3507 upvotes
Toronto
Ebay is probably the cheapest for all android and windows phones. iPhone pricing can be cheaper from the carrier if the iPhone is a non-Rogers iPhone.
Sr. Member
Apr 2, 2009
902 posts
189 upvotes
Markham
Check out rfd member mobifree.ca
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2014
44 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I ended up using https://www.quickphoneunlock.com/ as well.

Generally they're very responsive with their email replies. I went to them after seeing other people mentioning using their service, and I asked them to price match from another website owned by a RFD member that was mentioned here on the forums too.

I asked them if they could price match the unlock fee that I saw on the other website, but they initially said they couldn't match the price entirely, but after mentioning that I came from RFD they responded saying they can do the price match if I leave a review.

I received my code from them just now after inquiring about them for an update and got an email back very quickly afterwards to provide my IMEI again. After doing so, within a few minutes I got the code. I still haven't gotten confirmation that the price match has been done on email, but I'll put in this review first.

Will update on how it ends.


---EDIT: I've confirmed that that the price match has been done! I wasn't able to log on because I am out of the country and only got to WiFi now.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2608 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What model/carrier phone are you unlocking?
Member
Oct 2, 2014
212 posts
35 upvotes
New Westminster
Obie2014 wrote: I ended up using https://www.quickphoneunlock.com/ as well.

Generally they're very responsive with their email replies. I went to them after seeing other people mentioning using their service, and I asked them to price match from another website owned by a RFD member that was mentioned here on the forums too.

I asked them if they could price match the unlock fee that I saw on the other website, but they initially said they couldn't match the price entirely, but after mentioning that I came from RFD they responded saying they can do the price match if I leave a review.

I received my code from them just now after inquiring about them for an update and got an email back very quickly afterwards to provide my IMEI again. After doing so, within a few minutes I got the code. I still haven't gotten confirmation that the price match has been done on email, but I'll put in this review first.

Will update on how it ends.
quickphoneunlock.com is expensive.They charged $19.99 to unlock Samsung phones, other unlockers are charging about $14.99.

I wouldn't bother with price matching, if mobifree, unlockbox, etc are cheaper, I'll just unlock with them as long they are well used and reliable.
Member
Aug 22, 2014
229 posts
341 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
techfox wrote: Check out rfd member mobifree.ca
Came to his subforum looking for a unlock provider and found this thread. Just used mobifree on a FIDO LG G3. Code worked fine, no problems. $4.99 Canadian.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2608 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BreadBagSeals wrote: Came to his subforum looking for a unlock provider and found this thread. Just used mobifree on a FIDO LG G3. Code worked fine, no problems. $4.99 Canadian.
Thank you!
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
oakville
I have left several messages over several days for Modifree and sent them emails to seek some clarification before placing my order. I have received no response so far. Based on this I would not recommend them when they are so unresponsive to questions from a potential client. I wonder what kind of support can one expect to get once they have been paid?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17267 posts
3507 upvotes
Toronto
I used mobifree a few times with no issues.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2608 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ashoksaha wrote: I have left several messages over several days for Modifree and sent them emails to seek some clarification before placing my order. I have received no response so far. Based on this I would not recommend them when they are so unresponsive to questions from a potential client. I wonder what kind of support can one expect to get once they have been paid?
Hi,

Where did you send these messages?

Thanks
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
oakville
I submitted the first message on your web site and then sent another to support@mobifree.net. Please see below for details

To: Mobifree Unlocking <support@mobifree.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:06 AM
Subject: Re: Thank you for contacting Mobifree!

When can I expect an answer. It has already been more than a day since I sent my request for clarification before I submit my order.

From: Mobifree Unlocking <support@mobifree.net>
To: XXXX@XXX.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 3:43 PM
Subject: Thank you for contacting Mobifree!


Hello,

Thank you for submitting your message!

Please allow 24 hours for a reply.

Thank you,
Mobifree


I also called 647-797-6889 several times and left two voice messages. Your chat is always off line.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2791 posts
828 upvotes
I notice in the instructions for the ebay guys that say the phone can't be rooted? I'm pretty sure I've used unlock codes before on my Galaxy S2 and S4 when they
were rooted. I've got an S7 now. Has anyone else been able to unlock while rooted?
Member
Jan 20, 2013
477 posts
81 upvotes
Woodbridge
I used mobifree yesterday.
Paid in the morning, received payment confirmation. Late evening received code, entered-phone unlocked.
as for me - great service
Thanks
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
oakville
After waiting 3 days without getting a response from Modifree, I ended up using QuickPhoneUnlock.com as they were much more responsive. They are always available on chat and they respond to emails almost instantly. They provided the code within less than 30 mins and it worked without issues. They also price matched. I highly recommend QuickPhoneUnlock.com
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5320 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
I've used unlockbox.ca a few times. Only once I had to e-mail them but they responded fairly quick.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
mobifree wrote: What model/carrier phone are you unlocking?
how about "Samsung Galaxy Core LTE G386W" from "PC mobile" network (President's Choice-Loblaws) ?

Top