Central Vac Installer

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2017 10:04 pm
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
750 posts
13 upvotes

Central Vac Installer

Would anyone be able to recommend a central vac installer?

A few details, it's a detached home in Mississauga that is approximately 2400 sq/ft and around 35 years old.

No rough-ins so I am assuming alot of drywall will need to be cut open.

I see most rfd'ers recommend cana-vac so that's most likely the brand we'll be going with.

TIA
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8638 posts
6278 upvotes
Markham
gucci17 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 9:45 am
Anyone?
This is a lot of work that isn't worth the time or your money.

I had a friend thinking about doing it a couple years back so he called a few places. It was really expensive and totally not worth his time.

For the money you're going to spend on this, you might as well buy a Miele C1 Vacuum per room lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4478 posts
468 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
We've done it a few times.. and as you said there would be a number of cuts in the drywall.
Instead of a 3 hour job it would probably be well over a day and not worth it. I'd recommend getting a Dyson or similar if you are not getting a central vac (and I say this as a Canavac dealer)
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
[OP]
Dec 22, 2006
750 posts
13 upvotes
BuildingHomes wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 8:18 pm
We've done it a few times.. and as you said there would be a number of cuts in the drywall.
Instead of a 3 hour job it would probably be well over a day and not worth it. I'd recommend getting a Dyson or similar if you are not getting a central vac (and I say this as a Canavac dealer)
I would love to have a quote regardless if that is something you wouldn't mind doing