Wheels and Tires

Locked: Ceramic Window Tinting (Subaru Impreza Hatchback)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2020 8:53 am
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2016
1112 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto

Ceramic Window Tinting (Subaru Impreza Hatchback)

Hello fellow RFDers,

Currently looking into ceramic window tinting for my 2013 Subaru Impreza Hatchback
(FYI: It's in great overall condition with 100K on it; won't be parting with it anytime soon).

Called 3 places with good Google Reviews (50-75 reviews) in the Vaughan and Richmond Hill area; $320, $350 and $400.
They're exactly the same package (all side/corner/rear windows); blocks 99% UV & sunlight heat reduction.

Wondering if these prices are reasonable for the industry and if any one has any information they'd like to share on this topic.
Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Why did I get down voted? is it something I wrote? is there a genuine reason?
I've noticed a trend of threads getting less helpful posts/responses when it gets down voted.

Edit2: Thanks for all those that replied; though the down votes continue to confuse me. I'll take my questions/advice else where in the future. RFD community has changed.
Last edited by ProjectPixelation on Aug 10th, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Pixelation~
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1088 posts
1224 upvotes
I have taken 2 cars to Elevated Auto in Markham - theres an RFD group buy that I think is still ongoing - see link for exact pricing, I believe he charges 350 for both sides + rear windows.

tint-ppf-group-buy-elevated-auto-2020-2378999/
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
$400 is high. $350 - $375 is the general consensus (for ceramic)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
Audio heaven is a good one in richmond hill.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
peteryorkuca wrote: Audio heaven is a good one in richmond hill.
They are showing $319 + taxes for Xpel Prime XR this week (ending 8/13) special. $30 off MSRP.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: They are showing $319 + taxes for Xpel Prime XR this week (ending 8/13) special. $30 off MSRP.
I think I got for $300 + taxes last BF special for Xpel ceramic xr non plus. Plus was double the price because he seldomly uses it.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2016
1112 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
is there a reason this thread is getting downvotes? is it something I wrote? I am really confused.
Pixelation~
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1172 posts
1626 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
Why are you more concern about downvotes than the help you are getting here from members?
ProjectPixelation wrote: is there a reason this thread is getting downvotes? is it something I wrote? I am really confused.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2016
1112 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
CuriousJack wrote: Why are you more concern about downvotes than the help you are getting here from members?
Because if it's getting downvoted; people with information may not bother clicking on the thread to give advice.
Furthermore, I am genuinely confused why it got down voted twice.

I am speaking from personal experience on RFD over the years.

PS: Do you click/comment more often on downvoted or upvoted threads?
Last edited by ProjectPixelation on Aug 10th, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixelation~
Apr 26, 2019
350 posts
492 upvotes
GTA
Can't comment on Xpel but I have the Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle tints on my car and I'm very satisfied.

Just make sure you get some form of ceramic tints because the heat rejection properties are much better. $325-$400 seems to be a fair price for ceramic tints.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2016
1112 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for all those that replied; though the down votes continue to confuse me.
I was seeking advice for a legitimate upgrade and unfortunately this is how it plays out.

I'll take my questions/advice else where in the future as the RFD community has changed.
Pixelation~
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1704 posts
1824 upvotes
Ottawa
ProjectPixelation wrote: Thanks for all those that replied; though the down votes continue to confuse me.
I was seeking advice for a legitimate upgrade and unfortunately this is how it plays out.

I'll take my questions/advice else where in the future as the RFD community has changed.
It's because you posted this to the wrong forum. Ask the moderator to move this to "Automotive". I didn't downvote your post btw.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
sandav wrote: It's because you posted this to the wrong forum. Ask the moderator to move this to "Automotive". I didn't downvote your post btw.
he did post to the Auto forum. Somehow, the Mod moved it here. LOL. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2016
1112 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
sandav wrote: It's because you posted this to the wrong forum. Ask the moderator to move this to "Automotive". I didn't downvote your post btw.
This was posted in the auto forums. I expired the thread due to downvotes and that moved it here for some reason. Please don't assume. Thanks.
Pixelation~
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3083 posts
1445 upvotes
GTA
The downvotes are probably because it's a very common question that's easily searched.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2738 posts
1651 upvotes
Ontario
Careful if you get Xpel tint anywhere. The main company does NOT stand behind its product with it so called life time warranty (even if new) or dealers (or customers for that matter.)

I had an issue with my Xpel tint that started off simply as a dealers bad install (wrinkles/ lifting and junk caught under tint.) So bad they had to redo 4/6 windows but they wouldn't do the front one again even though it has a 3" wrinkle and is lifting on the edge. I had no problem traveling there to have them redo it and was polite throughout the whole thing. They even scratched my DS glass badly the last time I was there, admitted it, but said there was nothing they could do as well as putting a dent in the outside trim! Xpel wouldn't make their dealer redo it or even refund me (or even let me take it to a different Xpel dealer) and I had to take it to mediation to get the money back. Their tint isn't even that good and has mild orange peel/bloom effect in it that is visible if the window is slanted. I've never had these kind of issues with any other tint job in my life. Never again for Xpel or Touch of Tint/Mike Ciric <Avoid)...