• Feb 2nd, 2021 4:47 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 9, 2016
123 posts
2 upvotes

CERS - period 4

Anybody used the online calculator for period 4 CERS? The website is asking for November & December revenue which is same as period 3.
They should be asking for December & January. Anybody having the same issue?
5 replies
Apr 2, 2020
191 posts
73 upvotes
Are you talking about period 4 or period 11?
Aug 13, 2003
411 posts
247 upvotes
Calgary
Pronoia wrote: Are you talking about period 4 or period 11?
He is talking about Period 4 of the CERS (Rent Subsidy). There is no period 11 for the CERS. You are thinking about period 11 of the CEWS (Wage Subsidy).

I also noticed they are asking for revenue in Nov. and Dec. for period 4 which is the same months they asked for period 3. Period 11 of the CEWS also asks for the Nov. and Dec. revenue too (period 10 they also used Nov. and Dec. revenue) so the government is consistent. If you look at the spreadsheet that they have for the CEWS (there is no spreadsheet the government provides for the CERS), the following period 12 they ask for the Dec. and Jan. revenue, and then period 13 they ask for the Jan. and Feb. revenue. For whatever reason, that is how they are doing it. I assume the CERS will also follow this same pattern.
Apr 2, 2020
191 posts
73 upvotes
DentDude wrote: He is talking about Period 4 of the CERS (Rent Subsidy). There is no period 11 for the CERS. You are thinking about period 11 of the CEWS (Wage Subsidy).

I also noticed they are asking for revenue in Nov. and Dec. for period 4 which is the same months they asked for period 3. Period 11 of the CEWS also asks for the Nov. and Dec. revenue too (period 10 they also used Nov. and Dec. revenue) so the government is consistent. If you look at the spreadsheet that they have for the CEWS (there is no spreadsheet the government provides for the CERS), the following period 12 they ask for the Dec. and Jan. revenue, and then period 13 they ask for the Jan. and Feb. revenue. For whatever reason, that is how they are doing it. I assume the CERS will also follow this same pattern.
Yes. That's what I was thinking. I was wondering why November and December were used as reference periods as the period runs from December 20 to January 16?
[OP]
Feb 9, 2016
123 posts
2 upvotes
DentDude wrote: He is talking about Period 4 of the CERS (Rent Subsidy). There is no period 11 for the CERS. You are thinking about period 11 of the CEWS (Wage Subsidy).

Thank you
Oct 5, 2016
160 posts
66 upvotes
I assume its because period 4 ends on the 16th of Jan and was open to file right away. Therefore all of Januarys sales would not be accounted for. So they had to keep the same sales periods as the previous period.