• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2021 9:37 pm
[OP]
Mar 18, 2021
16 posts

CERS Verification Call from CRA

Today I got a call from a Toronto number, VM was left saying it's a cra employee regarding my latest CERS application (makes sense because I applied May 10th and still didn't receive payment when for prior periods I'd get it in 4 days).

I tried calling back but it goes straight to VM. I'm sure it's a legitimate call but did anyone else get one of those specifically for cers? Just trying to be prepared with any information they may ask..
3 replies
Oct 8, 2019
167 posts
96 upvotes
Ive received 3 calls for the CERS application i submitted for my company..they just asked general questions:

1) revenue for whatever month
2) why we applied for lockdown..basically wanted to make sure it was done correctly

It wasnt an audit but a sense check they were doing. Got a call 3 times because our hst revenue doesnt match their expectation of revenue drop..had to explain to them that shud make sense since CERS revenue figures are supposed to exclude subsidies..CRA agent agreed and closed the file.
[OP]
Mar 18, 2021
16 posts
Thank you. Did you call back to speak with agent that called you? If so how long did it take to reach them? I called yesterday at 4, 20min after they called me but it went straight to VM. I assume they were done working for the day and turned the phone off so I'll call Monday.
Oct 8, 2019
167 posts
96 upvotes
DomNov8585 wrote: Thank you. Did you call back to speak with agent that called you? If so how long did it take to reach them? I called yesterday at 4, 20min after they called me but it went straight to VM. I assume they were done working for the day and turned the phone off so I'll call Monday.
I answered the first time they called. Each call was for 5-10 mins. They also basically told me that with covid, they arent able to do their typical audits so doing this instead..basically implying they have more time to make general calls.