• Aug 25th, 2021 2:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
2052 posts
407 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!

[Amazon.ca] Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo 400ml - all time low $9

Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo new all time low at $9 for the 400ml pump bottle. Typical these at $15 regular at SDM and walmart and on sale for $12.

Great for kids with eczema and sensitive skin.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 19th, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
12 replies
Apr 7, 2017
144 posts
160 upvotes
Sodium laureth sulfate in a baby shampoo? That's a relatively harsh surfactant. I would not recommend using this on a baby. Use something like Burt's Bees or Live Clean baby shampoos which use much gentler decyl glucoside as their primary surfactants.
Oct 9, 2019
733 posts
1269 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Good finding OP. In for 2.
Jul 18, 2006
860 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Agree with underpants. No sulfates allowed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
2052 posts
407 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Sodium laureth sulfate in a baby shampoo? That's a relatively harsh surfactant. I would not recommend using this on a baby. Use something like Burt's Bees or Live Clean baby shampoos which use much gentler decyl glucoside as their primary surfactants.
I agree and recommend to use paraben and sulfate free baby shampoo for babies. We had used Live Clean previously and switched to this when they turned 2, these kids have thick sweaty hair.

One thing to note is you might be mixing up sodium lauryl sulfate with sodium laureth sulfate. Our dermatogist told us to lookout for sodium lauryl sulfate becuase it is the harsh ingredient and does not recommend products with it for babies or kids.
Aug 6, 2009
725 posts
293 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP! We were down to our last bottle so this is perfect timing. I hope the lotion goes on sale for $9 as well.
Apr 7, 2017
144 posts
160 upvotes
anton204 wrote: I agree and recommend to use paraben and sulfate free baby shampoo for babies. We had used Live Clean previously and switched to this when they turned 2, these kids have thick sweaty hair.

One thing to note is you might be mixing up sodium lauryl sulfate with sodium laureth sulfate. Our dermatogist told us to lookout for sodium lauryl sulfate becuase it is the harsh ingredient and does not recommend products with it for babies or kids.
No I know the difference, no mix up. Sodium laureth sulfate is more harsh than decyl glucoside.
Jul 9, 2008
147 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
what's the regular price for this?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2401 posts
1396 upvotes
Sulfates... hardly gentle for a baby, no?