• Nov 21st, 2023 12:58 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
sprung wrote:

The should go back to the Elks. It's a natural fit for the area up there. They used it before and it fits perfectly in with the "EE" logo. No need for them to have to change the logo at least. Just love this logo seen on Twitter:

Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1967 posts
621 upvotes
DT Calgary
Can we just fold the CFL? I can't imagine they'll be much left after COVID-19.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Edmonton Eskies :D .
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21163 upvotes
Toronto
CP24 has now announced the 2020 season is totally cancelled
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14178 upvotes
Toronto
7 final names for Edmonton

Must be an E

EE Football Team down to 7 possible names
https://www.tsn.ca/1.1589751.1612823980

Elk, Evergreens, Evergolds, Eclipse, Elkhounds, Eagles and Elements are listed as possibilities

Pretty crap
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Those suck as.
Forget the E if that's the best they can come up with.

I remember joking around with friends about if sports teams had company advertising in their names. If this were years ago, it could have been the Edmonton Internet Explorers. I guess the modern one would be Edmonton Microsoft Edge, but Edge doesn't have the same appeal :) .
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
Yeah, I honestly wonder if locking themselves into an "E" name is worth it. If you're changing the name, what's the big deal with changing the logo too?

Elk or Elks is probably the least lame name of the bunch.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39747 upvotes
Toronto
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
US expansion was a bust, but I didn't mind the idea. I wouldn't object if the XFL was merged into the CFL as a US conference/division, but with CFL rules. Mind you, the thing I didn't like was that the US teams didn't have to deal with a ratio.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
rabbit wrote: US expansion was a bust, but I didn't mind the idea. I wouldn't object if the XFL was merged into the CFL as a US conference/division, but with CFL rules. Mind you, the thing I didn't like was that the US teams didn't have to deal with a ratio.
Far too many difference between XFL rules and CFL rules that it just doesn't make sense to merge the leagues. I think this is more of a marketing opportunity rather than teams actually playing each other.
Apr 29, 2007
984 posts
670 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm not sure what this means but I hope the CFL doesn't change the game rules.
I want my kick returns and my rouges!
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I never understood why it is nicknamed a "rouge". That suggests that you are awarded a point for missing, when in reality, the other team gives up a single in exchange for field position (barring kicks that go out of the end zone, when that choice is taken away from them).
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Edmonton’s football team changes its name to Edmonton Elks

Edmonton’s football team has a new name. The Edmonton Elks will charge into the 2021 CFL season after the team announced its new moniker on Tuesday.

The team made the decision to drop “Eskimos” last July after repeated calls to change the name.

The name Elk was “highly favoured” over six other possible choices in a survey, the team said.

After debate and consultation with a linguistics expert, the team said an ‘s’ was added to reflect the speed, strength and resilience of the green and gold and northern Alberta.

Along with the new name, the team also unveiled several new logos. The team said they won’t do away with the classic EE, but also debuted a new elk logo.
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I love the line, "If you love football, why don't you just watch football?"

I don't really follow NFL or college ball, but if I'm flipping channels and I see football, I stop and watch. (Well, probably not if it's little kids playing.)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
As many may already know, RIP TSN 1150.
With the loss of that sports station in Hamilton Ontario, Ti Cat coverage is BACK in it's original broadcast home.
Hamilton's CHML 900 to cover Ti Cat games: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/wnba/2 ... arch&pfr=1

(Ti Cats were on CHML for YEARS, years ago until AM 1150 picked them up for a while)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
Just a couple of days until the season starts!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)