9237 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto

Osprey Farpoint/Fairview 40L Backpack $110-120 CAD

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Chain Reaction Cycles
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/ ... cat=direct

Use coupon code $10 for new account emails.

Stumbled on this website when researching about Osprey from The Last Hunt thread but didn't find the Farpoint/Fairview backpacks there.

Farpoint 40L in M was OOS so I picked up the Fairview instead. Looks like it's labelled "women's" but honestly I prefer the look better than the men's dark grey!
15 replies
Mar 13, 2005
608 posts
203 upvotes
Ordered a Farpoint 55 from them and received a Raptor 14 hydration pack (!?!). Support was fine and said I could keep it since it waa a more expensive item. Went for the refund but was out the customs fees so I didn't bother taking the chance on ordering again FWIW. Only sharing my experience since I have read others have had good luck.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2115 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
mcg wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 11:48 pm
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/ ... cat=direct

Use coupon code $10 for new account emails.

Stumbled on this website when researching about Osprey from The Last Hunt thread but didn't find the Farpoint/Fairview backpacks there.

Farpoint 40L in M was OOS so I picked up the Fairview instead. Looks like it's labelled "women's" but honestly I prefer the look better than the men's dark grey!

checked farpoint 40/55, neither comes with raincover, I thought it would be included, like a fold-away raincover attached to the bag?
Nov 18, 2018
14 posts
I've looked at ordering a Farpoint 55 from them as well. How much did you pay in customs?

I'm a little naive with how customs work. Is it always charged, or do you sometimes get lucky? I've ordered a bike lock from Chain Reaction's sister site (wiggle) in the past and didn't get dinged with customs.
Jan 21, 2010
308 posts
247 upvotes
Brantford
I've ordered from them 5 or 6 times, mostly over $100/order and never had to pay duty.
Jan 6, 2004
684 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
i have ordered over $100 dollars and did not have to pay duty as well; i have ordered from other vendors based in UK and did not have to pay customs either but it is really item dependent. For a backpack i don't think you'd have to pay for that unless regulation has changed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9237 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
I had my order delivered, no duties, there's a duty-paid shipping option at checkout which I highly recommend... package came from DHL in 2 days.

The Farpoint is back in stock, so for those interested this is your chance.

The "ladies' Fairview" pack actually fits me well, being an Asian male on the thinner side, it isn't bad at all.
Jan 5, 2006
162 posts
260 upvotes
Hamilton
Amazing deal with the $10 off coupon (NCV2018). Purchased the Farpoint 40L for $113.84 with the duties and taxes included shipping. Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20307 posts
2295 upvotes
YUL
Farpoint 40 is the perfect travel bag. Travelled across Spain for 10 days this summer with that as my only luggage
Feb 11, 2013
78 posts
15 upvotes
Used the farpoint 40 for 2 months in SEA. Was perfect size.
Feb 17, 2014
24 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
Both Fairpoint and Farpoint are OOS
May 10, 2006
73 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
I actually saw this 2 days ago and was gonna post it here. Amazing price for one of the most recommended travels bags. I got it for my brother for Christmas since he loves hiking and travelling. The only negative thing I can see about it is the location of the laptop pocket (should be on the back instead of front for better weight distribution and also so it doesn't get bent when the bag is full) and also the water bottle pockets should be on the sides instead of the front for the same reason. Other than that, awesome bag!
Nov 18, 2018
14 posts
For anyone interested, Altitude sports has Osprey bags on sale today. I snagged the last Farpoint 55 for $190 (going for 200 but I have a membership and got an extra $10 off). Last I saw there were still Farpoint 70s and 40s available.
Nov 27, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
Reviving an old thread here, but it looks like this sale is still on. However, I don't see the free shipping option mentioned previously... Looks like now there's only "Bulky Tracked Delivery" for $24.99, plus whatever customs fees end up being? Or $86.26 duty paid. Not sure if still worth it!