Expired Hot Deals

[ChainReactionCycles] Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro Evo Tires - 2.6" (27.5/27.5+) ~ $75 (Regularly $200+)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 5:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC

Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro Evo Tires - 2.6" (27.5/27.5+) ~ $75 (Regularly $200+)

Deal Link:
Price:
$75
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
ChainReactionCycles
Price just dropped to $84.99 and there is a $20 off coupon code "JAN19"

ChainReactionCycles has the 2.6" model in stock but it doesn't show up on the product page, for some reason it is hidden. Only a 2.25" is available as you can see here (https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/ ... 71434?mx=a)

In order to purchase the 2.6" 650B size you need to choose it from the main search menu. These tires are awesome for XC riding in the winter and I prefer riding my all-mountain bike significantly more than my fat bike if the trail is packed snow and isn't fresh powder.

***When you checkout, if you select the "Duty Paid" option the tires are sent priority airmail and usually arrive within 3-4 business days***

The previous thread for BikeInn was here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bikeinn- ... 0-2251674/

Images
  • Untitled22.png
Last edited by lincoln on Jan 12th, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
23 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC
"In order to ensure that spikes are permanently fixed, tires should be run in for about 25 miles (40km) on asphalt, while avoiding any fast acceleration or heavy braking."

https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tire ... spiker_pro
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC
Sorry for the low quality on these pictures. I took them a while ago at night but it gives you an idea of how they fit on a standard 27.5 Devinci Troy.
They seem to be about the size of a standard 2.4-2.5 tire.

Images
  • P_20181222_170540.jpg
  • P_20181222_170600.jpg
  • P_20181222_173442.jpg
Abraham Lincoln
Nov 1, 2015
560 posts
391 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I stopped shopping with Wiggle/CRC/Bike24... what horrendous customer service.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC
BBQPEANUT wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:29 am
I stopped shopping with Wiggle/CRC/Bike24... what horrendous customer service.
I've ordered thousands of dollars in equipment, tools and parts off of them and never had any issues. What happened during your bad experience?
Abraham Lincoln
Nov 7, 2009
120 posts
44 upvotes
Regina
Happen to get a weight before mounting? Wondering what the weight penalty is compared to my 2.25 version.

-Nate
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC
Flawless Cowboy wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 7:38 pm
Happen to get a weight before mounting? Wondering what the weight penalty is compared to my 2.25 version.

-Nate
According to Schwalbe it's 1015g vs 835g. Just click on the arrows to see the details
https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tire ... spiker_pro

If you can fit the 2.6" I would go that route. Apparently the 2.25" fits more like a 2.1" and I know that the 2.6" fits more like a 2.5". The extra width makes them much more stable in loose conditions, and feels very similar to hitting a soft section of sand or dirt but still keeps you in control because of the tread pattern/studs.

Just be careful leaning for a turn on large rocks, roots and sticks because the studs go from feeling like you're riding in the summer to feeling like you're going to washout. They'll hook back up once you catch some snow or ice, so this is only a problem taking turns at higher speeds when you don't know what's underneath.
Abraham Lincoln
Jun 30, 2010
310 posts
82 upvotes
Edmonton
I've never had issues either. I always click regular post and make sure my order is just under $100. I never get hit by customs.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC
Looks like my package is going to arrive in 2 days from the UK. Like I said, you'll likely pay more in import fees + tax if you choose the free shipping option. Plus it'll take 2-3 weeks.

If you just select the "Duty Paid" option your package arrives in a few days instead of multiple weeks.

Images
  • Untitled44.png
Abraham Lincoln
Nov 1, 2015
560 posts
391 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
lincoln wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 5:40 pm
I've ordered thousands of dollars in equipment, tools and parts off of them and never had any issues. What happened during your bad experience?
I ordered runners from their US store, no where does it specify UK or US size, they shipped UK size. Then they told me in their T&Cs that because they're a UK company, they obviously ship UK size and unless otherwise stated, it would be UK sized. I then ordered some Fizik Infinito R1 Knits after in size 44 (UK i guess since it's not specified) and I did not receive clown shoes. I'm unhappy. They said it was obvious then that it wasn't UK size even though it wasn't listed.

They would not refund or exchange the original shoe (I never accepted the Infinito since obviously the box was too small to be correct)
Feb 4, 2014
149 posts
109 upvotes
Lethbridge
I ordered $105 worth of stuff in December. I selected the free shipping option (there are two free shipping options) that previously resulted in no import duties. The shipping took two weeks, which is ok, but this time I had to pay $15 in import duties. Canada Post offered to return the package for free, but I figured even with import duties the prices beat local bike shops or MEC by a mile. So beware that you might have to pay import duties regardless the shipping option you choose. Maybe this is the reason why they stopped selling Shimano parts to canadians https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industr ... DZ5HVxKiUk
Dec 5, 2018
138 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you OP. I didn't order anything but it's always cool to see threads from people passionate for something I don't have any idea of. Very educative.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7837 posts
2726 upvotes
Washington, DC
BBQPEANUT wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:27 am
I ordered runners from their US store, no where does it specify UK or US size, they shipped UK size. Then they told me in their T&Cs that because they're a UK company, they obviously ship UK size and unless otherwise stated, it would be UK sized. I then ordered some Fizik Infinito R1 Knits after in size 44 (UK i guess since it's not specified) and I did not receive clown shoes. I'm unhappy. They said it was obvious then that it wasn't UK size even though it wasn't listed.

They would not refund or exchange the original shoe (I never accepted the Infinito since obviously the box was too small to be correct)
If think you're confused, there is no US store. They're located in the UK.

As for shoe sizing, you should be Googling this information before you order and looking at EU sizing charts for the specific shoe you're ordering.

Unfortunately your situation is user error and isn't CRC's fault, that's likely why they weren't willing to help you.

e.g.
US Sizes ~ Euro Sizes ~ UK Sizes
8 ~ 41 ~ 7
8.5 ~ 41.5 ~ 7.5
9 ~ 42 ~ 8
9.5 ~ 42.5 ~ 8.5
10 ~ 43 ~ 9
etc.

https://www.evo.com/five-ten-shoe-size-chart
Abraham Lincoln
Mar 6, 2015
274 posts
769 upvotes
New Brunswick
BBQPEANUT wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:27 am

You ordered shoes that you weren't intending to use purely out of spite and to be a nob?
Oct 17, 2007
939 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know where to get these for 20 inch wheels? just bought a foldable for my commute to work and would like to use it in the winter. thanks all!