Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chamilia

Chamilia shutting down it's Canadian website, 80% off some items + 25% "HappyNewYear" promo, free shipping over $120CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2020 5:24 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
You can find hand-made 925/Sterling stuff on etsy for the same/less than this and it's far more unique. Nothing special here.
Jul 14, 2008
183 posts
105 upvotes
Oakville
Received my order today and got dinged with customs $30 ....No wonder their Canadian website is shutting down!
Jan 7, 2008
74 posts
165 upvotes
sasafraz wrote: Received my order today and got dinged with customs $30 ....No wonder their Canadian website is shutting down!
Not intending to make you feel bad Sasafraz, but got my order yesterday and no duties/customs. Guess it is luck of the draw.
Jun 10, 2003
898 posts
856 upvotes
No duties for me either. Forgot to put in promo code and contacted them. No response and I just gave up. Received my items today, no customs surcharge, but the quality is not that good. Some of the items are a little cheap looking and 80% off would be what I would pay normally. Won't be a big loss for the Canadian portal to shut down.
Aug 22, 2014
33 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Seems that no duties were charged on my side.

What bothers me is there is a warning at the bottom of their return policy that reads

California Proposition 65 Warning: Crystals contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.

So this indicates that the Swarovski crystals may be harmful to human health...

Is this true?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
paid $30 duties. That sucks. Any chance to talk to Csr for refunding these duties !!!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
$30.5 duties/taxes, refused the package and dispute the transcation with the bank.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
raccoon wrote: $30.5 duties/taxes, refused the package and dispute the transcation with the bank.
Haven't picked mine up, but apparently it's waiting for me with a $70 bill :S
Are these taxes? We already paid taxes on the original transaction. We shouldn't be charged on that.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
bk wrote: Haven't picked mine up, but apparently it's waiting for me with a $70 bill :S
Are these taxes? We already paid taxes on the original transaction. We shouldn't be charged on that.
I picked mine up and it was 0% duties but $20 worth of HST and $10 of admin fee.

There are two errors which do work against our favor. These are the problems with my package:
1) amount was declared wrong by Chamilia (it was pre-coupon price).
2) They already charged HST, bordered charged HST again.

I intend to send the claim to customs and ask for the money back. The slip for reclaim is on the box. Theoretically, you can get all the money back including the admin fee. Going to be based on luck though -- very easy for them to just decline your claim.

<EDIT> I just got refunded the HST amount by Chamilia. Looks like they have enough complaints they just retracted.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
I got my HST back from Chamilia too. Though it was a lot less than I did pay to Canada Post because they declared my items with a higher value as well, and the $9.95 brokerage fee.
$73.39 vs $47.78. :(

Oh well. They do look like nice quality items at least.

Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
XuanH628 wrote: Seems that no duties were charged on my side.

What bothers me is there is a warning at the bottom of their return policy that reads

California Proposition 65 Warning: Crystals contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.

So this indicates that the Swarovski crystals may be harmful to human health...

Is this true?
Yes it's true. So don't eat them :D

California even requires cancer warnings for french fries. I wouldn't sweat it.