Food & Drink

Is Chamomile, Rosehip, fruit tea good for the body in general?

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1343 posts
220 upvotes

Is Chamomile, Rosehip, fruit tea good for the body in general?

Local supermarkets in the neighborhood sell these tea begs really cheap, like $1.50 for 20 bags 1 small box.
But are these tea good? If so, what are they good for? Any side effects?

I am trying to drink more no caffeine teas.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5371 posts
1929 upvotes
Abbottabad
Nothing is 'good' for the body.

Everything will eventually kill us.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7441 posts
2496 upvotes
Rosehips are a good source of Vitamin C.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18734 posts
5685 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: Rosehips are a good source of Vitamin C.
Rosehip tea is great for colds.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5148 posts
7498 upvotes
Ontario
Chamomile has benefits. But a lot of the inexpensive teas do taste inexpensive. Often found in ethnic oriented delicatessans, the teas are now in main brand grocery stores. My parents really liked the teas for variety away from the Red Roses and Tetley black teas in the 1970s and 1980s. Besides, cooled tea bags make for good compresses for closed eyes.

I really lean on Twinings and Tetley (jasmine tea, camomile) for their herbal teas. Stash tea if you want stronger flavours. Kind of hard to find decaf teas that are not black teas, though. That is why you need to review the major tea brands as they have some decaf options. Celestial Seasonings-its possible to find a big box of their chamomile bags (not decaf) at Dollar Tree for a deal price. Their Sleepytime blend is a light herbal blend tea--perfect for evening sipping.

Don't buy PC brand herbal teas. Their ginger and peach blend is not pleasing after all the effort spent in making a cup of tea. Wish I could remember the US brand of tea Chapters sold in 1-2 serving sizes at their tills in the early 2000s. That ginger and peach blend was AWESOME.
Ube pie-yum! It coordinates with Pantone's colour of the year for 2022.😃
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20881 posts
19151 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Not a big fan of herbal teas

I remember back in my College Days …
Coffee Houses and Tea Rooms were extremely popular

There were many we’d go to in the afternoon between classes to just sit and talk
Maybe listen to an up & coming musician on an acoustic guitar

I remember you could order all sorts of tea to drink
Or buy to take home … from the many large glass apothecary jars filled with loose tea

Teas with exotic names from far off places …
Darjeeling - Oolong - Gunpowder - English Breakfast - Irish Breakfast - Earl Grey - Orange Spice

My life long love of Tea & Coffee grew in the 1970s cuz of these experiences

These days we buy most of our tea in bags
Tetley is our house brand
But do keep a few other bagged teas on hand too
Twinings being the easiest to find for blends such as Earl Grey
https://twinings.ca/
And when in the USA … I’ll pick up the inexpensive boxes from Bigelow @ The Christmas Tree Shops
https://www.bigelowtea.com/
They always have lots of new flavours to try alongside the standards
On a cruise, we discovered Forte Teas
https://teaforte.com
Fabulous teas, but quite expensive
Makes a nice gift tho for any true tea lover
Oct 8, 2005
195 posts
121 upvotes
Montréal
Ciel wrote: Celestial Seasonings-its possible to find a big box of their chamomile bags (not decaf) at Dollar Tree for a deal price.
Chamomile doesn't contain caffeine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1343 posts
220 upvotes
Chamomile tea from what i heard is supporting digestion.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11535 posts
6384 upvotes
For cheap herbal teas that actually taste good I like Our Finest Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea from Walmart, $2.47 https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/our-finest ... 0198423884

The $1.50/20 bags tea do not have enough filling in their bags & you tend to have to use 2 bags. Also they are straight-up chamomile for instance & not a blend which is easier to take.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1343 posts
220 upvotes
Winking FaceSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With SunglassesWinking FaceSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Thank you for the comments, such as contributing. I did not expect those as a simple question. That proves sharing is on RFD.Winking FaceSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Winking FaceSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With SunglassesWinking FaceSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Sunglasses

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)