Students

Chances of getting in grad school this time around ?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 9:01 am
[OP]
Mar 17, 2015
173 posts
48 upvotes
North York, ON

Chances of getting in grad school this time around ?

Guys what are the chances of getting in grad school socially this time around when flights are all grounded and international students can't travel ?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1204 posts
1563 upvotes
West
What do you mean getting in grad school "socially"?

Many programs will adapt to the circumstances. Most universities have committed to online learning for at least the Fall semester, and have re-arranged the curriculum as necessary.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3998 posts
428 upvotes
Georgetown
No idea what "socially" means... but I expect there could be a higher chance to get into programs this upcoming year due to foreign student numbers being down, and even domestic student enrollment being down as some students stay away. I imagine a small percent will take a semester/term off if the classes are going to be remote... or delay going to post-secondary for a year until (hopefully) COVID issues are resolved.
Jun 6, 2014
194 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are you thinking of applying for programs that start in September 2021?
I'm assuming acceptance letters for September 2020 are out already.
Mar 25, 2012
61 posts
19 upvotes
High Park
Also not sure what socially means, but I think getting into grad school at this point in the intake cycle would depend on the program, the school, and what your overall profile looks like (years of WE, references, undergrad GPA etc)
Apr 25, 2020
117 posts
31 upvotes
Also wanted to take a grad school program this year but postponed because i'm a bit uncomfortable with remote classes. so yeah.