• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 5:19 pm
[OP]
Jul 17, 2010
20 posts
4 upvotes
Burnaby

change direct deposit service canada and cra

does anyone know how to change direct deposit info on my service in services canada or cra account. the function is disabled online. or we can just go straight to the service canada office to submit the request form. i am asking because if you do it by mail it'll take forever.
pls let me know. thank you
7 replies
Jun 19, 2015
779 posts
698 upvotes
You'll have to do it via your online banking for whichever bank you want to setup the direct deposit with
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3282 posts
1815 upvotes
dnl-4-ever wrote: does anyone know how to change direct deposit info on my service in services canada or cra account. the function is disabled online. or we can just go straight to the service canada office to submit the request form. i am asking because if you do it by mail it'll take forever.
Call cra 1-800-959-8281. But be prepared to wait a long time. Cal early in the morning. Use a voip calling to call so the cra system doesn’t know where you are calling from and it will automatically transfer your call to Newfoundland cra office. Otherwise you have to wait until the cra office in your province is open before your call will be answered.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3282 posts
1815 upvotes
dnl-4-ever wrote: does anyone know how to change direct deposit info on my service in services canada or cra account. the function is disabled online. or we can just go straight to the service canada office to submit the request form. i am asking because if you do it by mail it'll take forever.
Service Canada office Is still closed.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1070 posts
813 upvotes
Ottawa
My wife and I changed ours a few weeks ago via phone.

Call the the CRA. Have your 2018 or 2019 Notice of Assessment or T1 ready as they'll ask you questions related to those documents in order to confirm your identity.

Their website that lists contact information has a "approximate wait" time. Check that before calling, but usually first thing in the morning is pretty quick. I had 0 wait; my wife waited 15 minutes.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3282 posts
1815 upvotes
you can also sign up CRA Myacct, first, then change your banking info after receiving the access code in the mail.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1070 posts
813 upvotes
Ottawa
ml88888888 wrote: you can also sign up CRA Myacct, first, then change your banking info after receiving the access code in the mail.
The ability to change your account info in MyAccount has been disabled for some (most? all) people for the last few months, likely as a consequence of the rise in fraud related to CERB.

We were unable to change our direct deposit information through MyAccount, so had to call.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8639 posts
1341 upvotes
Two days in a row where I waited 3 hours and then it disconnected. I got a letter saying someone changed my direct deposit info recently which I didn't so now I'm trying to find out what the heck happened. I can't get a hold of anyone calling in. It's so frustrating.

Not only that, apparently there was a data breach back in August and my file was one that was potentially hacked so they disabled my online login.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!