Change At Loblaws Chain Wide?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2019 6:40 pm
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
535 posts
262 upvotes

Change At Loblaws Chain Wide?

Made an early morning trip to my Real Canadian Super store today. Checked out by a gal I know who pointed out to me some new procedures she has to go through in processing her customers.

Among the changes -- from now on at my RCSS every customer will be asked if they want a receipt - they'll be given the option.

I suggested to her that Mr. G. Weston is looking to save paper (and money) - she agreed.

I'd NEVER leave a Loblaws branded store without my receipt. Far too many incidents & episodes with their PC Optimum points program to count. To be blunt not awarding points I'm rightly owed happens ALL the time.

Anyway wondering how this new "policy" is going to work out?
Last edited by unclefester on Feb 26th, 2019 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
47 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18585 posts
6622 upvotes
Toronto
The amount of money they are making off plastic bags you think these guys would not penny pick over paper.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8966 posts
3318 upvotes
I'd like it if they would just email it to you like the SDM self checkouts can do.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35074 posts
21040 upvotes
Center of Universe
Also a good way to pay out less SCOP errors.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10812 posts
1948 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: The amount of money they are making off plastic bags you think these guys would not penny pick over paper.
Serious? Of course they're going to look at every possible way to save on costs.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1877 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
If they just store the full receipt in my PC Optimum card account then I wouldn't have a problem with it. It would actually be more convenient. But seeing how well their IT works.....
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18585 posts
6622 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote: Serious? Of course they're going to look at every possible way to save on costs.
Saving a few pennies on printed receipts is pretty extreme. I am sure if the stores operated more efficiently they would save way more.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10812 posts
1948 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: Saving a few pennies on printed receipts is pretty extreme. I am sure if the stores operated more efficiently they would save way more.
Saving on paper now is a much simpler way to start saving rather than working on efficiencies
May 28, 2012
11082 posts
3231 upvotes
Saskatoon
Seriously, the managers who make up some of these stupid procedures should be made to work a till for a few weeks. Similarly to making cashiers hock the PCF credit card, selling deal of the week, and donations to children's charity. The customer just wants to get out of the store without being pestered.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18585 posts
6622 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote: Seriously, the managers who make up some of these stupid procedures should be made to work a till for a few weeks. Similarly to making cashiers hock the PCF credit card, selling deal of the week, and donations to children's charity. The customer just wants to get out of the store without being pestered.
Exactly. Now the line will be held up while the cashier asks if you want a copy of the receipt.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3882 posts
1877 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Exactly. Now the line will be held up while the cashier asks if you want a copy of the receipt.
Then everybody should state if they want a receipt or not so they don't have to ask and waste your precious time.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18585 posts
6622 upvotes
Toronto
pootza wrote: Then everybody should state if they want a receipt or not so they don't have to ask and waste your precious time.
So I give them business and I have to ask for a receipt and a bag? What happened to customer service?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3882 posts
1877 upvotes
carmaster wrote: So I give them business and I have to ask for a receipt and a bag? What happened to customer service?
Asking if you wanting a receipt or not is customer service.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9670 posts
11400 upvotes
Vancouver
A lot of people don't care about receipts. They just throw them in the first garbage bin they see after leaving the checkout, or even on the floor. I see this all the time everywhere I shop. I always take a receipt, and don't have a problem with them asking me if I want one.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18585 posts
6622 upvotes
Toronto
pootza wrote: Asking if you wanting a receipt or not is customer service.
You said

"Then everybody should state if they want a receipt or not so they don't have to ask and waste your precious time".
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3882 posts
1877 upvotes
carmaster wrote: You said

"Then everybody should state if they want a receipt or not so they don't have to ask and waste your precious time".
Yes I did say that ... what's your point?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18585 posts
6622 upvotes
Toronto
pootza wrote: Yes I did say that ... what's your point?
You are contradicting yourself. First you say that everybody should state regarding wanting a receipt, then you say asking if you want a receipt or not is customer service. I am fine with them asking if I want a receipt, but if I have to tell them I am not fine with that.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3882 posts
1877 upvotes
carmaster wrote: You are contradicting yourself. First you say that everybody should state regarding wanting a receipt, then you say asking if you want a receipt or not is customer service. I am fine with them asking if I want a receipt, but if I have to tell them I am not fine with that.
I didn't contradict myself ... you can't comprehend what you are reading.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1021 posts
814 upvotes
GTA
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35074 posts
21040 upvotes
Center of Universe
Now, if they were printing 5' long receipts like CVS...