Shopping Discussion

Change At Loblaws Chain Wide?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2019 6:40 pm
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
535 posts
262 upvotes
Shopped at my RCSS this morning and sure enough -- for the very first time the cashier asked me if I wanted a receipt.

I stopped by the customer service desk and chatted briefly with a senior lady staffer. She basically said the cashiers aren't overly happy with this turn of events saying they have plenty on their plate already.

We talked about the possible pitfalls of this new policy and she agreed it could well lead to some of the troubles already mentioned in this thread.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2188 posts
1208 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Please edit the title of this thread to something that describes what you're complaining about. 'Changes At Loblaws Chain Wide?' is incredibly vague.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15853 posts
4376 upvotes
Markham
They could do what Fresco does, print receipt on both sides of the paper. (double sided receipt)
that saves some paper
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
May 17, 2013
9 posts
9 upvotes
I know from retail experience that my work pays around 80 cents per roll and they are 230 feet long each. So your average invoice you get from a store is probably worth around .17 pennies. I think people who are environment obsessed are just making it easy for them to be cheap.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3804 posts
2355 upvotes
Vancouver
Given every 5 or so times @ RCSS i get overcharged (item scanned more than once), im not leaving RCSS without a receipt lol.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2114 posts
77 upvotes
I have no problem with this policy, reduces the amount of garbage you see on the curbs etc that people just throw in random places. Chances are if you're serious about returning something that you'll be more responsible with the proper disposal of the receipt instead of creating more garbage for everyone else. Receipts have BPA in them, so they're not supposed to be recycled like regular paper.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2013
535 posts
262 upvotes
GeeCee wrote: Please edit the title of this thread to something that describes what you're complaining about. 'Changes At Loblaws Chain Wide?' is incredibly vague.
Title edit completed

Thanks for your input.

Invaluable

BTW who's complaining?