Automotive

Changing to get OEM transmission fluid for Acura RDX?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2019 1:16 pm
[OP]
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1168 upvotes

Changing to get OEM transmission fluid for Acura RDX?

Hi,

I want to change the transmission fluid in my wifes RDX (just a drain and fill)....Where can I get OEM fluid from?

Everything i've read says to avoid other brands, but i am open to if it anyone with knowledge on this subject can chime in why everything online says to use OEM.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12342 posts
6908 upvotes
Brampton
Have you checked the parts department at the dealership?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1084 posts
690 upvotes
TDot
ekcivichb wrote: Hi,

I want to change the transmission fluid in my wifes RDX (just a drain and fill)....Where can I get OEM fluid from?

Everything i've read says to avoid other brands, but i am open to if it anyone with knowledge on this subject can chime in why everything online says to use OEM.
So you have a significant amount of information on reasons to stick with OEM fluid for a major component for your car, yet are willing to be swayed by Joe Blow from RFD?

Why would you not want OEM?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3693 posts
325 upvotes
Thornhill
Also look on Kijiji for Honda DW-1, some guys selling for 9-10 bucks a bottle. You need 4 on hand I believe for most honda/acuras. Simply drain, clean bolt magnet, change crush washer, fill from the top (the fill bolt is under the intake tube need the firewall). You can also fill it through the dipstick tube area as well.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12350 posts
2048 upvotes
GTA
maxlife 32ish from walmart for 5 liter> Dw-1

/thread
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3789 posts
2391 upvotes
qaz393 wrote: maxlife 32ish from walmart for 5 liter> Dw-1

/thread
Valvoline maxlife full synthetic seems to be the choice for frugal owners. Dodge 1500 ram owners use it in their 8 speed trannies and BMW use the same 8 speed trannies in their cars.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12350 posts
2048 upvotes
GTA
op never stated what year is car. not sure if new rdx uses different fluid requirements now