• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2021 8:28 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 3, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote

Changing tire equipment

I need equipment to change tires on a Honda CRV 2016.

Anyone that can recommend some equipment? Right now I don't have anything except for the tools that is included and an impact driver but I think I prefer to right the nuts by hand if I would get a flat tire.

Anyone that has any recommendations for a 2 ton floor jack, torque wrench and a jack stand? Do I miss anything?
14 replies
[OP]
Apr 3, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote
Thanks. But since the thread is old, is it any deals going on right now?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29344 posts
9925 upvotes
Thelastswede wrote: Sorry if I am being unclear but I already have my summer tires on the rims so I do not a machine like that.
So you don't really need any "equipment" per se and are not looking to change tyres but just to swap wheels. All you will need is some basic tools like a breaker bar, sockets (at least one deep socket in the correct size), a jack that can lift your particular vehicle; and, preferably a torque wrench as well to tighten down the lugs to correct specs and tighten them evenly.

Lots of threads about jacks from Costco floating around, torque wrenches are commonly available for cheap at Princess Auto, and you can get everything else at PA as well, or basically any CT, Home Depot, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5020 posts
1877 upvotes
Tons on threads on DIY Tire changes on RFD. Search for it. It's all repetitive anyways as ppl tend to create a new thread on this topic every month.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
Apr 3, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote
Any recommendations between these?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... 1000775058
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky- ... ?rrec=true

OR https://www.princessauto.com/en/2-ton-l ... 0008874760

The Torin from PA is a little bit cheaper and the jack stands are only 2 ton instead of 3 ton but since my car is only 1.5 ton shouldn't that be an issue. It is not a problem that the Torin isnt in stock until 11 April since I dont need to change the tires right now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5020 posts
1877 upvotes
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
Apr 3, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote
I know what kind of tools I need. I just need a recommendation of where I can find them for the best value, for example, which one that I linked above is better?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5541 posts
3055 upvotes
Toronto
Thelastswede wrote: I know what kind of tools I need. I just need a recommendation of where I can find them for the best value, for example, which one that I linked above is better?
For liability reasons, no one's gonna recommend sub 3 tonne jack and stands. So become the guinea pig and buy the cheapest one and report back.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2021
7 posts
1 upvote
peteryorkuca wrote: For liability reasons, no one's gonna recommend sub 3 tonne jack and stands. So become the guinea pig and buy the cheapest one and report back.
The car in itself is only 1.5 ton and will only be around 50/60% of its weight lifted. So why should not a 2 ton jack be enough?

This one could be of interested as well. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cert ... 1061p.html
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5020 posts
1877 upvotes
Thelastswede wrote: Get some tips on which jack that will provide the best value.
You already answered you own question.

You need a formula to calculate the risk associated with each stand versus value?

hhhmmmm ... lets see ... there is a site that can help you: GOOGLE