Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] Chapters Indigo "Plum Plus" 12 mo membership - inc. unlim free shipping no minimum, 10% off sitewide - $39.99 + $20 off

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1746 posts
9347 upvotes

[Chapters Indigo] Chapters Indigo "Plum Plus" 12 mo membership - inc. unlim free shipping no minimum, 10% off sitewide - $39.99 + $20 off

A bit of an unconventional deal, but with Christmas coming up and the rise of eCommerce this year, seemed like a hot deal as Chapters Indigo has lots of cute knick-knacks that Amazon simply can't match.

The "bonus offer" is what makes this hot right now - as 8,500 pts = a $20 off credit, which stacks with the 10% off sitewide you're now getting:

Net cost of $19 for 12 months of unlimited free shipping no minimum, and 10% off site-wide. I know they will do free shipping no minimum campaigns intermittently, but not around Christmas/gift season. There is also an option to free ship to store, but $19 is worth it to be able to ship directly to friends/family, and not have to drive to the store for pickup.

Of course there are standard exclusions for the 10% off for all electronics (Chapters not price competitive there anyways), eBooks, and all "high end" brands - list can be found here if you're interested. Also exclusions on remote shipping and heavy/overweight packages.
64 replies
Feb 24, 2008
246 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
I believe this is their regular promotion
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1063 posts
4482 upvotes
I guess that this is their answer to Prime? Thinking Face

No, but thanks.
Apr 21, 2017
352 posts
302 upvotes
Chelsea
Is this hot ? Been looking to use the Cobalt offer, but everything seems 5-15$ cheaper on Amazon. I’d love supporting local bookstores, but not @ 50% premium ...
Sep 16, 2018
31 posts
48 upvotes
Chapters is barely a local store, it's a giant chain
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11939 posts
2134 upvotes
Mississauga
I've always wondered how Chapters/Indigo is still around against the likes of Amazon. The rent on their stores cannot be cheap. Do a lot of people really buy their pillows and other random household shit they sell?
Sep 26, 2013
82 posts
122 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: I've always wondered how Chapters/Indigo is still around against the likes of Amazon. The rent on their stores cannot be cheap. Do a lot of people really buy their pillows and other random household shit they sell?
We spend thousands on Indigo every year, mostly on books, toys, children clothes and board games. So this membership is worth it for me. Most of their promotion can be stacked on top of each other making their pricing really good on some items.
for instance, my wife got a really nice notebook and pen pair for 5 dallors. They make really good Christmas gifts for school teachers.
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/pa ... ion_V3_TRG
Feb 28, 2017
89 posts
28 upvotes
You can get 10% off by signing up for their newsletter. Min is $50 though.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13914 posts
4419 upvotes
Toronto
I'm in, just to support Canadian business vs Amazon. I give Amazon enough of my money as is.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1066 posts
1177 upvotes
coopercold wrote: I guess that this is their answer to Prime? Thinking Face

No, but thanks.
Some books are same price at Amazon, I always order from Chapters. Rather support Chapters than Amazon.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1593 posts
2421 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. A sad attempt to battle Prime. They are going to lose.
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1063 posts
4482 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: We spend thousands on Indigo every year
Hundreds I could understand, but... Thousands? But but but... how is that possible? Books are free at the library and cheap Chinese-made tat is easily avoided. There are so many better ways to divert those thousands! I mean, to each his own but this seriously makes me feel like crying! Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1577 posts
565 upvotes
Antarctica
Was interested in board games but even with free shipping and sales/10% off their prices are higher than 401games stuff shipped for a fee. So I will pass.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1066 posts
1177 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Hundreds I could understand, but... Thousands? But but but... how is that possible? Books are free at the library and cheap Chinese-made tat is easily avoided. There are so many better ways to divert those thousands! I mean, to each his own but this seriously makes me feel like crying! Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
It's the same thing as people spending thousands on shoes/bags/take out food. Some people like books, some people like to eat or wear fancy watches. I rather spend hundreds on books than hundreds on McDonalds. To each his own right.
May 30, 2008
235 posts
40 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Crichtonfan wrote: Was interested in board games but even with free shipping and sales/10% off their prices are higher than 401games stuff shipped for a fee. So I will pass.
This. I used to spend a lot on board games at Chapters until I discovered 401.
401 has really competitively priced items (even if you include shipping fee), fantastic inventory and availability that beats Amazon and Chapters.