Expired Hot Deals

Chapters Indigo

Chapters Indigo "Plum Plus" 12 mo membership - inc. unlim free shipping no minimum, 10% off sitewide - $39.99 + $20 off

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1924 posts
11659 upvotes

[Chapters Indigo] Chapters Indigo "Plum Plus" 12 mo membership - inc. unlim free shipping no minimum, 10% off sitewide - $39.99 + $20 off

A bit of an unconventional deal, but with Christmas coming up and the rise of eCommerce this year, seemed like a hot deal as Chapters Indigo has lots of cute knick-knacks that Amazon simply can't match.

Image

The "bonus offer" is what makes this hot right now - as 8,500 pts = a $20 off credit, which stacks with the 10% off sitewide you're now getting:

Image

Net cost of $19 for 12 months of unlimited free shipping no minimum, and 10% off site-wide. I know they will do free shipping no minimum campaigns intermittently, but not around Christmas/gift season. There is also an option to free ship to store, but $19 is worth it to be able to ship directly to friends/family, and not have to drive to the store for pickup.

Of course there are standard exclusions for the 10% off for all electronics (Chapters not price competitive there anyways), eBooks, and all "high end" brands - list can be found here if you're interested. Also exclusions on remote shipping and heavy/overweight packages.
63 replies
Member
Feb 24, 2008
280 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
I believe this is their regular promotion
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1466 posts
6525 upvotes
I guess that this is their answer to Prime? Thinking Face

No, but thanks.
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2017
507 posts
539 upvotes
Chelsea
Is this hot ? Been looking to use the Cobalt offer, but everything seems 5-15$ cheaper on Amazon. I’d love supporting local bookstores, but not @ 50% premium ...
Newbie
Sep 16, 2018
62 posts
70 upvotes
Chapters is barely a local store, it's a giant chain
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 26, 2004
12268 posts
2431 upvotes
Mississauga
I've always wondered how Chapters/Indigo is still around against the likes of Amazon. The rent on their stores cannot be cheap. Do a lot of people really buy their pillows and other random household shit they sell?
Member
Sep 26, 2013
443 posts
833 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: I've always wondered how Chapters/Indigo is still around against the likes of Amazon. The rent on their stores cannot be cheap. Do a lot of people really buy their pillows and other random household shit they sell?
We spend thousands on Indigo every year, mostly on books, toys, children clothes and board games. So this membership is worth it for me. Most of their promotion can be stacked on top of each other making their pricing really good on some items.
for instance, my wife got a really nice notebook and pen pair for 5 dallors. They make really good Christmas gifts for school teachers.
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/pa ... ion_V3_TRG
Jr. Member
Feb 28, 2017
117 posts
58 upvotes
You can get 10% off by signing up for their newsletter. Min is $50 though.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
15065 posts
5610 upvotes
Toronto
I'm in, just to support Canadian business vs Amazon. I give Amazon enough of my money as is.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1855 posts
2256 upvotes
coopercold wrote: I guess that this is their answer to Prime? Thinking Face

No, but thanks.
Some books are same price at Amazon, I always order from Chapters. Rather support Chapters than Amazon.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5197 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. A sad attempt to battle Prime. They are going to lose.
Called the bottom.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1466 posts
6525 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: We spend thousands on Indigo every year
Hundreds I could understand, but... Thousands? But but but... how is that possible? Books are free at the library and cheap Chinese-made tat is easily avoided. There are so many better ways to divert those thousands! I mean, to each his own but this seriously makes me feel like crying! Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2371 posts
1338 upvotes
Antarctica
Was interested in board games but even with free shipping and sales/10% off their prices are higher than 401games stuff shipped for a fee. So I will pass.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1855 posts
2256 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Hundreds I could understand, but... Thousands? But but but... how is that possible? Books are free at the library and cheap Chinese-made tat is easily avoided. There are so many better ways to divert those thousands! I mean, to each his own but this seriously makes me feel like crying! Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
It's the same thing as people spending thousands on shoes/bags/take out food. Some people like books, some people like to eat or wear fancy watches. I rather spend hundreds on books than hundreds on McDonalds. To each his own right.
Member
May 30, 2008
254 posts
51 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Crichtonfan wrote: Was interested in board games but even with free shipping and sales/10% off their prices are higher than 401games stuff shipped for a fee. So I will pass.
This. I used to spend a lot on board games at Chapters until I discovered 401.
401 has really competitively priced items (even if you include shipping fee), fantastic inventory and availability that beats Amazon and Chapters.
Newbie
May 4, 2011
79 posts
57 upvotes
Hamilton
Going to counter some of the above replies. I just signed up for this the other day as I thought it was a great deal . It works out to a $20 membership (after the points bonus) for an extra 10% off and no more minimum shipping levels. Considering you can stack the 10%, it makes it very easy to recoup the $20 (and more) and have free shipping.

Obviously it can't compete directly with Prime, but Indigo sometimes has items that Amazon doesn't or has them cheaper (especially during big sales/clearance). I bought a bunch of toys and books for Christmas yesterday that were regularly the same price on Amazon but were 20% off (sales event) plus another 10% off for Plum Plus. At 20% off it wasn't that great of a deal but at 30% off with Plum Plus I figured it was better to secure some of the presents my kids most wanted. That one set of purchases paid for the entire year of Plum Plus ($200 at an extra 10% off = $20).

For families I think it's a great deal, but obviously not for everyone.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1391 posts
3200 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Hundreds I could understand, but... Thousands? But but but... how is that possible? Books are free at the library and cheap Chinese-made tat is easily avoided. There are so many better ways to divert those thousands! I mean, to each his own but this seriously makes me feel like crying! Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
I use to spend thousand on Lego alone at chapters every year when my kids were younger. If you bought their discounted GC and combined it with their sales & cashback you could easily achieve 45% off

Also I have this offer from the summer and it paid for itself in one order
Sr. Member
Jun 11, 2006
521 posts
528 upvotes
I find I don't spend a huge amount most of year, but I do buy more at Christmas, esp toys etc

I am a Plum plus member from an earlier promotion. This weekend is 20% off toys and kids books if you buy $50+, plus the extra 10% of plum plus, plus I got the 15% discounted gift card from moola. And I get to earn the actual plum points. Good for kids books I know won't go on sale too much before Christmas. Or hot toy items.

Plus I like knowing that I can easily return in-store for any reason.

So thumbs up from me! :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1924 posts
11659 upvotes
bholmes2000 wrote: Going to counter some of the above replies. I just signed up for this the other day as I thought it was a great deal . It works out to a $20 membership (after the points bonus) for an extra 10% off and no more minimum shipping levels. Considering you can stack the 10%, it makes it very easy to recoup the $20 (and more) and have free shipping.

Obviously it can't compete directly with Prime, but Indigo sometimes has items that Amazon doesn't or has them cheaper (especially during big sales/clearance). I bought a bunch of toys and books for Christmas yesterday that were regularly the same price on Amazon but were 20% off (sales event) plus another 10% off for Plum Plus. At 20% off it wasn't that great of a deal but at 30% off with Plum Plus I figured it was better to secure some of the presents my kids most wanted. That one set of purchases paid for the entire year of Plum Plus ($200 at an extra 10% off = $20).

For families I think it's a great deal, but obviously not for everyone.
This summarized much better than I did in my main post - thanks for sharing, this exactly aligns with what I was going for by posting this. The fact that it's down to $20 is what really made it for me.

I love being able to buy some some small nice candles or consumables for $5-$10 and have them shipped free to a friend or family member as a gift or "thank you".

I know the true RFD path would be to ship to store and use Canada Post Free Shipping Tues to achieve that, but that's a lot of steps to save $20 for me. ;)
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2016
791 posts
875 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Dang, spent a bunch on Christmas gifts last weekend. Serves me right for being so early I guess.

Top