• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 10:17 am
[OP]
Jan 18, 2013
560 posts
185 upvotes
Calgary

[Chapters Indigo] PANDEMIC RAPID RESPONSE Board Game $25

Looks like the previous best price was $35. It's now $25.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/to ... 760d777c0f

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 30th, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: irrelevant comment removed
27 replies
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1189 posts
811 upvotes
Belleville
Why would I buy this when we have been playing the real thing since Feb?
May 22, 2012
642 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Is this a standalone game? How is it compared to the original?
Dec 26, 2012
750 posts
541 upvotes
Quebec
platinumtiger19 wrote: Is this a standalone game? How is it compared to the original?
This is a standalone game. It is meant to have a quicker pace than the original game but not necessarely a quicker game duration. There are more realtime events and special actions meant to create a more engaging (or stressful) gameplay.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1205 posts
1185 upvotes
[...]

Back to the thread, I liked the first pandemic. This one looks to be a faster and shorter version. I'm in and hopefully this Covid wave will be similar.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 30th, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and your response were removed
Nov 1, 2009
486 posts
232 upvotes
Montreal-Nord
platinumtiger19 wrote: Is this a standalone game? How is it compared to the original?
It's rated a 6.7 on BGG. With all the amazing games available nowadays, it would be better to get a better game event if it means paying more.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1205 posts
1185 upvotes
yannakm wrote: It's rated a 6.7 on BGG. With all the amazing games available nowadays, it would be better to get a better game event if it means paying more.
One thing to note on BGG is these are typically diehards.
Casual board game players (<1 month) tend to like simpler games like this one, ticket to ride, sushi go and other card games.. etc..

I think a good rule of thumb is if you have more than 10 board games and play them regularly, this game probably isn't for you.
I used to play a lot of board games but then I had 3 kids. These time sensitive board games can actually fit in my schedule now..
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2867 posts
1000 upvotes
Lethbridge
lleb13 wrote: One thing to note on BGG is these are typically diehards.
Casual board game players (<1 month) tend to like simpler games like this one, ticket to ride, sushi go and other card games.. etc..
Agreed. People on there drive me nuts and will shit on anything sold in a toy store by MB or Hasbro.

BGG is a good resource to see if something might interest you you've never heard of while browsing the store: Do the gameplay mechanics look interesting/fun? Length? Flaws? etc. I would certainly take their reviews with a grain of salt - Both this and the regular Pandemic are great games.
Nov 22, 2016
43 posts
42 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The next expansion will be: Pandemic - Election Day
Your RFD Rights
Your wallet has the right to remain closed.
Anything you pay full-price for can and will be used against you in the court of RFD.
You have the right to a Search Bar.
If you cannot find the Search Bar one will be pointed out to you.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3199 posts
552 upvotes
Surprised they didn't cal this game Pandemic Rapid Profiteering.
Dec 26, 2012
750 posts
541 upvotes
Quebec
damnkbd wrote: The next expansion will be: Pandemic - Election Day
They'll remove the bioterrorist from the "On the brink" expansion and replace it with an angry Facebook Karen conspiracy theorist.
Last edited by kowell on Oct 1st, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.