Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chapters Indigo

Plum Member Holiday Shopping Event 20% OFF [30% PLUM PLUS] (Nov 5-8 & 12-15) [EMAIL INVITE ONLY] - 20% off $75 ONLINE

Feb 27, 2011
721 posts
1754 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DealHunter18 wrote: has anyone tried multiple orders? ie. can you do 20% +10% off multiple times or split the order so that we can use PERK15 for the additional 15% off per item (does this work multiple times or 1 use per account)? Thanks
Yes, split up your order into multiple, single-item orders for optimal discount. Tried it successfully.
Fido, Telus EPP plans
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: Yes, split up your order into multiple, single-item orders for optimal discount. Tried it successfully.
Definitely not working for me. Unless my cart is over $75 the 20% off does not apply.
Feb 27, 2011
721 posts
1754 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Oomani wrote: Definitely not working for me. Unless my cart is over $75 the 20% off does not apply.
Are you plum plus though? I am...maybe that's the difference?
Fido, Telus EPP plans
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: Are you plum plus though? I am...maybe that's the difference?
Can confirm that this is the difference. In fact checking out with Plum Plus during this promotion stacks with the 30% off (making it $27). Sweet!
Feb 27, 2011
721 posts
1754 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Suggestion: if you are a board game fan, this is a great chance to get some high quality board games at very discounted prices, in many enough cases likely below cost. For example: Santorini for $21? A steal.
Fido, Telus EPP plans
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
some board games are not on sale though so not sure if the discount brings it below their usual sale price..
Oct 8, 2019
64 posts
35 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: Yes, split up your order into multiple, single-item orders for optimal discount. Tried it successfully.
Thanks for confirming, I appreciate it!
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: Suggestion: if you are a board game fan, this is a great chance to get some high quality board games at very discounted prices, in many enough cases likely below cost. For example: Santorini for $21? A steal.
I did exactly this. Ended up buying Splendor, Dixit, Kingdomino, and Santorini. Almost got Dune but decided against it. I wish I didn't already have Root or 7 Wonders Duel, this would've been a great chance for this price!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
Oomani wrote: I did exactly this. Ended up buying Splendor, Dixit, Kingdomino, and Santorini. Almost got Dune but decided against it. I wish I didn't already have Root or 7 Wonders Duel, this would've been a great chance for this price!
How's root, looks like a pretty high rated game on BGG.
Although I don't think some of these prices are actually that cheap (if you live in Toronto) 401 games had BF sale 13% off last year if I recall. Splendor is $40, Root is $69, Dune $47, etc etc...
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
TruE SkiLLS wrote: How's root, looks like a pretty high rated game on BGG.
Although I don't think some of these prices are actually that cheap (if you live in Toronto) 401 games had BF sale 13% off last year if I recall. Splendor is $40, Root is $69, Dune $47, etc etc...
Stacking the promotions here you get down to ~50% off. More if you have the Moola gift card (shame it's a limit of 1 per person though), around 54% off. Which means Root is $45. Dune becomes $35. Splendor is $30. Definitely worth it if you have plum plus.

Otherwise, yes, the base retail price on Indigo is highly inflated for board games.
Feb 27, 2011
721 posts
1754 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TruE SkiLLS wrote: How's root, looks like a pretty high rated game on BGG.
You wouldn't be an RFD'er if you didn't shop around, so always compare prices...but you can find some steals here. Like I said, Santorini, 7 Wonders Duel, Root, even simple ones like Telestrations...all become excellent value compared to 401games or BGB.
Root is great at 4 players, ok at 3, a bit more on the complex side, works best when all people are at the same approximate ability. Otherwise, if any of these things are not in place, it can fall apart, imo.
Fido, Telus EPP plans
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
Oomani wrote: Stacking the promotions here you get down to ~50% off. More if you have the Moola gift card (shame it's a limit of 1 per person though), around 54% off. Which means Root is $45. Dune becomes $35. Splendor is $30. Definitely worth it if you have plum plus.

Otherwise, yes, the base retail price on Indigo is highly inflated for board games.
Ah I guess it makes sense only from Plum Plus perspective if you're already an existing member. $39 a year (assuming no tax) - 8500 points ($20) = $19. To get 10% and make up that membership you'll need to buy $190 worth of stuff; more if there's tax on membership.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
fifi75 wrote: You wouldn't be an RFD'er if you didn't shop around, so always compare prices...but you can find some steals here. Like I said, Santorini, 7 Wonders Duel, Root, even simple ones like Telestrations...all become excellent value compared to 401games or BGB.
Root is great at 4 players, ok at 3, a bit more on the complex side, works best when all people are at the same approximate ability. Otherwise, if any of these things are not in place, it can fall apart, imo.
Thanks. I will test out Root on Tabletop simulator first :) then decide whether I want to pick it up!
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
TruE SkiLLS wrote: Ah I guess it makes sense only from Plum Plus perspective if you're already an existing member. $39 a year (assuming no tax) - 8500 points ($20) = $19. To get 10% and make up that membership you'll need to buy $190 worth of stuff; more if there's tax on membership.
When I combined a board game and the plum plus membership, I was able to get 30% off the plum membership. Not as good as the renewal price you're quoting (not sure where the 8.5k points are coming from), but assuming you shop at Indigo the rest of the year it can be worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
Oomani wrote: When I combined a board game and the plum plus membership, I was able to get 30% off the plum membership. Not as good as the renewal price you're quoting (not sure where the 8.5k points are coming from), but assuming you shop at Indigo the rest of the year it can be worth it.
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/pl ... %26%20PLUM
First time signing up plum plus gives you 8500 in points, which is $20 redemption.

Looks like if you're not a plum plus member yet, this might be pretty good.

1) check out Plum Plus with a cheap item using perk15 brings it down to $27.30+tax
2) redemption on 8500 points = $20 so you just need to pay $10.80 for plum plus... which is about $110 worth of stuff to break even before you start benefitting from it.
Last edited by TruE SkiLLS on Nov 5th, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 31, 2016
508 posts
684 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
any 1 dollar filler, please?
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1446 posts
729 upvotes
Calgary, AB
thefireontop wrote: You don't have to sign up for the 20% discount online. As long as you're a plum member and your order is above $75, the discount will be added to your cart.

You only have to sign up if you want to shop in store as you need to reserve a time slot.

If you're not a plum member you will have to sign up for plum (free) online or in-store. To get the 10% + 20% you have to be a plum plus member (yearly fee).
Is the 20% for plum (not plus) members online still active?

I'm signed in to my account online (regular plum member) but when I add items over $75 into my cart online, the 20% is not coming off in the cart

Tried with various different items. Is the 20% no longer working? Dont need plum plus paid membership for the 20% off do we (I believe the 10% off is associated with having the plum plus membership?)
Aug 5, 2012
145 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Just got the plum plus membership, but still not seeing the 20% + 10% discount in my cart (over &75). Does it take a while for the membership to go into effect? I didn't get the 8,500 points yet either
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2016
1039 posts
705 upvotes
Which one of you bought all the hot wheels sets? Lol
Oct 26, 2020
735 posts
629 upvotes
Manitoba
Got Ticket to Ride for $41 and Plum Plus for $27, with the 8500 pts on top, pretty good deal, plus whatever Rakuten gives me back.

So basically $7.30 for 10% off annually, I'll take that with the free shipping no minimum.
Images
  • upload.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)