Expired Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] Plum Points "Top Up" emails sent out (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2020 10:36 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2013
917 posts
606 upvotes
Ottawa

[Chapters Indigo] Plum Points "Top Up" emails sent out (YMMV)

Just got an email that my Plum Points have been topped up. Went from $20 to $50, so a nice (birthday) surprise. Says it expires June 30th.

Check your emails!
Images
  • unnamed.gif
Last edited by SynGamer on Apr 16th, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5209 posts
1794 upvotes
I've been a Plum member since 2011 and I've never gotten one of these top ups...

Is there something specific I should be doing, or do I need a minimum amount to qualify?
[OP]
Nov 15, 2013
917 posts
606 upvotes
Ottawa
joshmxpx wrote: I've been a Plum member since 2011 and I've never gotten one of these top ups...

Is there something specific I should be doing, or do I need a minimum amount to qualify?
This is only my second "top up". First one I had $5 in points but was topped up to $20. This time, $20 topped up to $50. Perhaps others can chime in with any potential requirements to trigger this. Have you bought in-store or online recently?
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5209 posts
1794 upvotes
SynGamer wrote: This is only my second "top up". First one I had $5 in points but was topped up to $20. This time, $20 topped up to $50. Perhaps others can chime in with any potential requirements to trigger this. Have you bought in-store or online recently?
Most recent purchase was with the buy 2 get 1 graphic novel promotion in March, so yeah. Usually a purchase at least every other month
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9565 posts
4761 upvotes
Markham
joshmxpx wrote: I've been a Plum member since 2011 and I've never gotten one of these top ups...

Are you in their email list? I didn't get any top up before since I wasn't in email list. After in the list, I have got twice. I suspect they don't top up if they cannot tell you
Jan 14, 2008
222 posts
109 upvotes
I think during these times it would be a great move to just give this top up to everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9565 posts
4761 upvotes
Markham
Be aware

Top-up points expire June 30, 2020.*
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1211 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing again. I got it three times before but didn't get anything for the last 2-3 times they did this.
Dec 14, 2015
41 posts
30 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
mr_eko wrote: I think during these times it would be a great move to just give this top up to everyone.
They have been providing free shipping to everyone.

I received the top up. Wasn't expecting it as they topped me up a few months ago. I'm not sure what triggers eligibility, but I think I hit all the possible triggers. I keep my points near the 50$ mark and this is the 2nd time I've been topped up to 100$ in points. I cash them out for 2 20$ giftcards and that puts me back close to the 50$ points mark.
Nov 10, 2004
864 posts
569 upvotes
Chatham
smartie wrote: Be aware

Top-up points expire June 30, 2020.*
I redeemed it on an egift card last time to avoid the expiry.
Dec 14, 2015
41 posts
30 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
cire wrote: I redeemed it on an egift card last time to avoid the expiry.
I think it may be the best way. I'm pretty sure that you don't get points when you pay with points, but you will get them if you pay with a gift card.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5209 posts
1794 upvotes
smartie wrote: Are you in their email list? I didn't get any top up before since I wasn't in email list. After in the list, I have got twice. I suspect they don't top up if they cannot tell you
That was the issue, don't know why I wasn't signed up.

Oh well, at least I got a 10% coupon in the meantime