• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 9:46 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1763 posts
552 upvotes

[Chapters Indigo] Theragun Elite, Prime, Mini

Discount of 46% calculated on the pre-tax, pre-rakuten price with plum plus for purchasing Theragun Elite.
Actual discount % may vary depending on where you live and etc.

Theragun Elite is currently 399.99$ (150$ off) but if you have Plum Plus membership, it gives an extra 10% off and using the discount code Perk15 gives an extra 15% off on top of it.
If you have a moola app and purchase 100$ GC, they give you a bonus 10$.
The rest can be put on rakuten for 4% cashback. The rakuten cashback % might go up higher to 6 or 8% on Friday but I didn't want to risk not being able to apply the Perk15 code as it happened in the last sale.

Plum plus costs 39.99+tax but they give 8500points which is worth 20$. I purchased it 3 hours ago but the points still aren't applied so I wasn't able to use it for this purchase but I have a book I want to buy later anyways so I will use it then I guess.

Overall, it cost me 354.72$ tax incl. in quebec (305.23 + tax - 10$ moola bonus - 12.21$ rakuten cashback + 39.99$ plum plus + tax - 20$ plum pts)

I think this would be the maximum price you would pay. Other provinces should pay less in taxes and if you already have plum plus, then you don't need to buy that either.

------
Update: just cancelled my original order and bought it again after getting 300$ gc from UGO (supposed to get 30$ bonus in like 2 days) and since the rakuten bonus went up from 4% to 6%.
Since it wasn't a cancellation within 30 minutes it might still ship but I can just return it later and I can use the 110$ gc another time for other books I'm planning on buying.
Images
  • Screenshot_20201125-191339_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by jessicacha on Nov 27th, 2020 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
82 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1880 posts
4013 upvotes
Markham
7X Aeroplan Miles, it's better than 4% cashback.

Also you can double your miles or cashback by buying Indigo GC through Indigo using Ampli (Get $5 back for every $60) + Aeroplan estore link, then using Aeroplan estore link to purchase the Theragun with GC as payment. (Aeroplan estore has a list of exclusions, but GC purchase and use of GC are not excluded from earning Aeroplan miles, so that's why you can earn twice).

You can also earn 7X aeroplan miles from purchase of Plum Plus via eStore link as well.

Dude who downvoted is an idiot, since this is actually a even better (much better imo) price than the deal from earlier in the month: chapters-indigo-theragun-mini-prime-eli ... f-2415821/ and that had 53 upvotes and 0 downvotes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1763 posts
552 upvotes
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I don't have aeroplan so I'm okay with what I paid :)

There is also UGO deal for gift cards so I could have bought 200$ gc more but the comments said the bonus GC were not being given right away unlike moola and it's only 12$ difference after rakuten so I decided to just do 1 GC via Moola.

As for the downvote. Meh. I've seen a few people here who don't like this product and keep saying their 100$ amazon purchase is as good so I'm guessing it's one of those people. To each their own but regardless of what they think, this is a good deal for this product.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1880 posts
4013 upvotes
Markham
jessicacha wrote: Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I don't have aeroplan so I'm okay with what I paid :)

There is also UGO deal for gift cards so I could have bought 200$ gc more but the comments said the bonus GC were not being given right away unlike moola and it's only 12$ difference after rakuten so I decided to just do 1 GC via Moola.

As for the downvote. Meh. I've seen a few people here who don't like this product and keep saying their 100$ amazon purchase is as good so I'm guessing it's one of those people. To each their own but regardless of what they think, this is a good deal for this product.
Yeah it's a great deal no matter which way you slice it.

I am literally in for 3 Elites and 1 Prime, no joke lol (knew about the deal before this was posted, and kept procrastinating on sharing it and now I can keep being lazy so thanks!)
Nov 23, 2017
263 posts
420 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
What is so great about this Theragun?!?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1181 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa
Damn bought one first week of Nov with just the 30% off...

Correct me if I’m wrong, in order to be eligible for the extended credit card warranty, the full price has to be charged to the card vs partially paying with gift cards?
Last edited by oceans_end on Nov 25th, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6107 posts
1877 upvotes
Calgary
i cant imagine this one is worth 3x the price of ones on amazon with 4-5* reviews

i think this is just paying for the brand name and its not even shoes or a car or something cool people will see
Aug 11, 2007
91 posts
38 upvotes
GVR
Dave510 wrote: 7X Aeroplan Miles, it's better than 4% cashback.

Also you can double your miles or cashback by buying Indigo GC through Indigo using Ampli (Get $5 back for every $60) + Aeroplan estore link, then using Aeroplan estore link to purchase the Theragun with GC as payment. (Aeroplan estore has a list of exclusions, but GC purchase and use of GC are not excluded from earning Aeroplan miles, so that's why you can earn twice).

You can also earn 7X aeroplan miles from purchase of Plum Plus via eStore link as well.

Dude who downvoted is an idiot, since this is actually a even better (much better imo) price than the deal from earlier in the month: chapters-indigo-theragun-mini-prime-eli ... f-2415821/ and that had 53 upvotes and 0 downvotes.
Both deals are good (I didn't downvote). The deal earlier in the month was slightly different, it was 20% off MSRP price and 20% was also applied to Plum Plus membership. Excluding the Moola giftcard options (credit card payment gets you other benefits like extended warranty and cashback/points), my out of pocket cost was $366.85 in BC ($301.95 + $36.24 tax + $28.66 plum plus membership), - $19.76 Rakuten cashback, - 20$ plum pts = total cost: $327.09

Be warned about Chapters/Indigo and their shipping provider. They used TForce to ship my Theragun. It arrived 15 days after I placed my order, technically I got a shipping tracking number after 2 days and it sat waiting for TForce to pick up the order for 12 days and delivered in 1 day.
Last edited by hootio on Nov 25th, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 6, 2020
201 posts
317 upvotes
T3rry wrote: i cant imagine this one is worth 3x the price of ones on amazon with 4-5* reviews

i think this is just paying for the brand name and its not even shoes or a car or something cool people will see
I have the Theragun Elite and 1 cheapy from Amazon. The Amazon one is a Toncur brand that was $150 on sale for $100. I have used both extensively and honestly, the Amazon one is better lol hah no lie I enjoy it it more. It’s just as quiet, similar battery life, but the toncur one has more speed settings and attachments. I honestly don’t get why people spend $300+ on the Theragun, it’s the same crap all made in China lol. Only reason I got the Theragun is I won it at work through a United Way raffle.
Nov 24, 2003
500 posts
175 upvotes
Alternatively you can buy the theragun at sportchek if you don't have plum plus. Moola has 20% off gc.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1880 posts
4013 upvotes
Markham
hootio wrote:
Both deals are good (I didn't downvote). The deal earlier in the month was slightly different, it was 20% off MSRP price and 20% was also applied to Plum Plus membership. Excluding the Moola giftcard options (credit card payment gets you other benefits like extended warranty and cashback/points), my out of pocket cost was $366.85 in BC ($301.95 + $36.24 tax + $28.66 plum plus membership), - $19.76 Rakuten cashback, - 20$ plum pts = total cost: $327.09

Be warned about Chapters/Indigo and their shipping provider. They used TForce to ship my Theragun. It arrived 15 days after I placed my order, technically I got a shipping tracking number after 2 days and it sat waiting for TForce to pick up the order for 12 days and delivered in 1 day.
The 14x Aeroplan miles is equivalent to 28% back to me (I value them at 2c a mile) so this one is much better for me, but I can see how the other deal was also very good for people who don't collect Aeroplan.

Chapter's shipping is definitely a mixed bag. I ordered 2 items that are exactly the same, 5 mins apart, and one was shipped by next day, while the other took a week. Different providers. Indigo shipping lottery FTW!
hi-tech wrote: I've compared my friends Hypervolt with the Toncur m048 which claims to have 16mm and it's not even remotely the same. The Chinese amazon ones are kinda useless compared to Hypervolt, but especially compared to Theragun which is extremely powerful.
Same deal with my 2 friends. They went for different models and both returned them once they tried the Theragun... Not even remotely the same thing.

Probably wouldn't pay $550 for the Elite, but at this price?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4012 posts
1733 upvotes
oceans_end wrote: Correct me if I’m wrong, in order to be eligible for the extended credit card warranty, the full price has to be charged to the card vs partially paying with gift cards?
That's correct
Jul 20, 2016
298 posts
274 upvotes
teedomo88 wrote: I have the Theragun Elite and 1 cheapy from Amazon. The Amazon one is a Toncur brand that was $150 on sale for $100. I have used both extensively and honestly, the Amazon one is better lol hah no lie I enjoy it it more. It’s just as quiet, similar battery life, but the toncur one has more speed settings and attachments. I honestly don’t get why people spend $300+ on the Theragun, it’s the same crap all made in China lol. Only reason I got the Theragun is I won it at work through a United Way raffle.
With you on this one. In law bought me the Thera Elite after I had just bought the two handled Toncur from Amazon. The Toncur is as good in my opinion. Find I use it more than the Theragun due to the handles. Now will the Toncur last as long? Will find out.
Jun 17, 2020
6 posts
shit I just bought the Theragun Mini from the Therabody website yesterday. It's also $100 off on there
May 17, 2007
572 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
oceans_end wrote: Damn bought one first week of Nov with just the 30% off...

Correct me if I’m wrong, in order to be eligible for the extended credit card warranty, the full price has to be charged to the card vs partially paying with gift cards?
That is correct. To take advantage of your credit card warranty you need to have the full amount on it.
Nov 27, 2004
127 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
I was debating between the Prime and the Elite. The biggest difference being the Stall Force. I went with the Prime which is $100 cheaper at BestBuy. I didn’t have any issues with the Prime stalling so far. One other thing to note is that there is no medical research that proves this will help recovery. But it does feel nice.
Mar 26, 2007
346 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
teedomo88 wrote: I have the Theragun Elite and 1 cheapy from Amazon. The Amazon one is a Toncur brand that was $150 on sale for $100. I have used both extensively and honestly, the Amazon one is better lol hah no lie I enjoy it it more. It’s just as quiet, similar battery life, but the toncur one has more speed settings and attachments. I honestly don’t get why people spend $300+ on the Theragun, it’s the same crap all made in China lol. Only reason I got the Theragun is I won it at work through a United Way raffle.
Can you post a link to your toncur version?? There's so many on Amazon...
Jul 20, 2016
298 posts
274 upvotes
BTweee wrote: Can you post a link to your toncur version?? There's so many on Amazon...
Amazon search- Toncur Deep Tissue Massage Gun, Double Handle Muscle Massage Gun with 5 Massage Heads

On sale for $100.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1763 posts
552 upvotes
wassam wrote: I was debating between the Prime and the Elite. The biggest difference being the Stall Force. I went with the Prime which is $100 cheaper at BestBuy. I didn’t have any issues with the Prime stalling so far. One other thing to note is that there is no medical research that proves this will help recovery. But it does feel nice.
Prime is 100 off also at indigo. So if you go with this route, it should be around 250-260$ after tax for prime :)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19963 posts
709 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm new to this stuff. Which one should I consider getting? I'm assuming it's worth signing up for Plum to get the discount?