Expired Hot Deals

[Chapters Indigo] UGO Wallet. Get a $20 Indigo® e-gift card today!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2017 1:10 pm
Dec 5, 2012
107 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I got it too! The offer was just sitting in my Ugo Marketplace, no notification email or anything. I used the app Saturday before last. Idk how long it has been sitting there!
Mar 25, 2008
121 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
used PC Plus card from UGO wallet on the 19th, nothing yet, checked MarketPlace as well
Jul 8, 2010
49 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I got it too! The offer was just sitting in my Ugo Marketplace, no notification .
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1077 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Where you get this offer from? Email? Too bad I didn't get it.
Aug 27, 2012
202 posts
114 upvotes
Calgary
So I remembered this thread and I thought I need to add a card of some sort to get this GF. I opened this app and I got promted to back my cards up as it said there were changes that were not backed up, which I thought was weird because all I have in there is one card from long time ago. Then I saw an orange star on the left hand side, clicked on it and there it was $20 indigo gift card waiting to be added to my ugo walled. I haven't added any cards or anything for the past half a year at least, I played with it clicking this and that a week or so ago when this thread poped up but haven't added anything new yet still ended up getting indigo gc.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3979 posts
1146 upvotes
Interesting, i would like to get some Indigo gidt cards.

However, I am not sure if these can be transferred.

I am looking to buy a couple of books, if these can be added to an Indigo account as payment, I would like to offer 35% of the stated value as purchase amount.

That is I will offer RED members who have been on the site since July 2016 $7 for the $20 card if it is transferable.

Gift card expires first week of July 2017.

Again, at this time I do not know if they stack.

Anyone interested in selling and has been a member since July 2016 send me a PM.

I will update this post if we find out whether it is possible.

Indigo rarely discounts books and this is the reason why I am offering this rate.

I would put a beg post here, but I am looking for a couple of them at least.

Maybe someone would rather some money to spend on non-book items.

I apologize if this doesn't work or if this violates some t&c of the site.

Stay classy.
Aug 2, 2016
193 posts
171 upvotes
Thanks OP!
I was able to get the $20 Indigo gift card just by opening the app on my phone and viewing the Loyalty card. I didn't have to use it in the store for a purchase or anything.

In response to the above, the gift card only expires by July 2017 *IF* if you haven't claimed it. Once you claim it, it won't expire FYI. Claiming is easy. You'll receive an email within ~7 days from UGO, titled "Claim your free e-gift card now".
Aug 8, 2015
753 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Akitakara wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:31 pm
Thanks for posting the response you got from them.

Anyone know what stores can scan a UGO bar code?

• Harveys can NOT.
Yes they can. They scanned my Scene card and I received the gift card.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3029 posts
14816 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
ttoommyy wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 10:42 am
I used the PC plus card in my UGO wallet on Sunday. Received the e-giftcard today.
did you get that email? were you targetted?
Tim Hortons Tip: Buy 3 mini strudels in separate transaction ($0.42 each) and then Redeem Free Coffee(Any Sizes) (Dec 31) 😃

SELLING

GROUP BUY
Xqisit portable banks + usb (Cheap)
May 23, 2014
621 posts
276 upvotes
canada
renoldman wrote:
May 24th, 2017 12:35 pm
Interesting, i would like to get some Indigo gidt cards.

However, I am not sure if these can be transferred.

I am looking to buy a couple of books, if these can be added to an Indigo account as payment, I would like to offer 35% of the stated value as purchase amount.

That is I will offer RED members who have been on the site since July 2016 $7 for the $20 card if it is transferable.

Gift card expires first week of July 2017.

Again, at this time I do not know if they stack.

Anyone interested in selling and has been a member since July 2016 send me a PM.

I will update this post if we find out whether it is possible.

Indigo rarely discounts books and this is the reason why I am offering this rate.

I would put a beg post here, but I am looking for a couple of them at least.

Maybe someone would rather some money to spend on non-book items.

I apologize if this doesn't work or if this violates some t&c of the site.

Stay classy.
$7 is insulting to your grade school teacher lol. I don't know where u buy ur gift cards from but on no place earth is any gift card sold at 35% lmao. I just sold my $20 card on rfd for $16. Sellers beware lol
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3979 posts
1146 upvotes
thesick wrote:
May 25th, 2017 4:15 am
$7 is insulting to your grade school teacher lol. I don't know where u buy ur gift cards from but on no place earth is any gift card sold at 35% lmao. I just sold my $20 card on rfd for $16. Sellers beware lol
Did you tell them it is of limited use?

Must be used by July.

Maybe my 35% is a starting point. No way am I paying 80% for something that expires so soon.

If Indigo had better prices, I might be intetested at 80% on a non-expirable card.

Also note someone has been trying to sell a $200+ card at 80% for quite some time. Perhaps 80% is too high.

Like I said, 35% is my floor offer. I would have bought yours at 80% if I thought that was reasonable. Also note your post never mentioned it expires. Hopefully you indicated that to the buyer.

I highly doubt that cardswap wants soon to expire cards so I expect supply to be potentially high.

People can't wait 3 months to sell, it will be worthless sooner than that.

I am happy that you sold at 80%, browsing RFD I have seen posters stuck for months waiting. This just brings in more supply to compete with them.

Supply is higher than demand and these expire, price should come down as this is not a government service.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3979 posts
1146 upvotes
If it doesn't expire, obviously my offer is low.

How would I know it doesn't expire when the email clearly says must be used by some date? Is it transferable once it is on an Indigo account?

If not, it's value declines as people may not want anything from Indigo and would rather some cash.

Don't blame me. Blame Indigo and their reluctance to stray from list price on many titles.
May 5, 2012
274 posts
75 upvotes
CALGARY
35%!? At least have the decency of asking for 75%.

As a side note: I never received an email and had deleted the app. When I saw this thread a few weeks ago I downloaded it again. I complained that I never got an email to my friend who received the email then forgot about it. I checked Ugo yesterday and the gift card was just sitting in my marketplace.

It does not say that it expires. You just have to claim it before the offer expires.
Sep 24, 2008
307 posts
51 upvotes
Oakville
renoldman wrote:
May 25th, 2017 5:19 am
If it doesn't expire, obviously my offer is low.

How would I know it doesn't expire when the email clearly says must be used by some date? Is it transferable once it is on an Indigo account?

If not, it's value declines as people may not want anything from Indigo and would rather some cash.

Don't blame me. Blame Indigo and their reluctance to stray from list price on many titles.
The card must be "claimed" by July...but once claimed, it will not expire. It is a 100% real Indigo gift card which is governed by the same law that makes gift cards non-expiring.
May 23, 2014
621 posts
276 upvotes
canada
renoldman wrote:
May 25th, 2017 5:07 am
Did you tell them it is of limited use?

Must be used by July.

Maybe my 35% is a starting point. No way am I paying 80% for something that expires so soon.

If Indigo had better prices, I might be intetested at 80% on a non-expirable card.

Also note someone has been trying to sell a $200+ card at 80% for quite some time. Perhaps 80% is too high.

Like I said, 35% is my floor offer. I would have bought yours at 80% if I thought that was reasonable. Also note your post never mentioned it expires. Hopefully you indicated that to the buyer.

I highly doubt that cardswap wants soon to expire cards so I expect supply to be potentially high.

People can't wait 3 months to sell, it will be worthless sooner than that.

I am happy that you sold at 80%, browsing RFD I have seen posters stuck for months waiting. This just brings in more supply to compete with them.

Supply is higher than demand and these expire, price should come down as this is not a government service.
Their isnt a demand issue theirs a supple issue. Not enough cards to be sold to rfdrs, I've sold several chapters cards all within 48 hours in the last year. The ugo promotion isn't flooding no market with tons of cards. It's a targeted promo and most of the cards will be used lol. They have a free shipping no minimum promo now.

As for the $200 gift card guy - unless theirs an iPad buyer out there he should break it up into 50's and they'll sell like hot cakes for $42.

Your $7 offer is still laughable. If it ain't $14 no ones gonna offer. The limited time excuse is also not valid as no one buys a gift card to hold it for 3 months and "explore" lol