[OP]
Sep 9, 2007
183 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto

Chatr $25 plan now with Unlimited Voice Mail+ Add $10 for 500 MB data

Deal Link:
Price:
Chatr has made $25 price more attractive.If you are current customer call them to get new $25 plan.
New customer will get when they activate a new Line.

This plan has
1)Unlimited Province Wide Calling
2)100 Text Messages
3)Free Voice Mail

If you add $10 you can get 500 MB data,or $15 for 1 GB data.

If you join as a new customer you also get $10 every month if you auto enroll with your credit card for 8 months.
You can check if the $10 can be used for 500 MB data.
61 replies
Aug 31, 2008
628 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
a dissatisfied wind customer here.
guess wud stick with them until i get BYOD credits and then move to a more reliable network.
wind is barely worth it.
i only get 3g/3g+ (h/h+) data.
and it is hit or miss.
it is of course always slow, under 50kbps.
and then it drops every minute or so.
even on the calgary nw lrt line.
it is bad in downtown as well.
trying to do anything with data is painful.
how is data connection on other networks? any good one? which would atleast reliably keep it going at atleast say 30kbps in calgary?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
2005 posts
435 upvotes
Burlington
bootleg wrote: Seems like the $10 credit is only for certain bonuses, like an additional 500MB:
https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/conte ... toPayBonus

But for $35, province wide talk + 500MB seems decent
I was thinking that too...except the included txt msg's is only 100. To get more you have to go up to the $35/month plan! I don't want to pay $10 / month for more text messages. But $10 at $.25 per txt is only 40 txt messages. So if you use more than 140txt it is cheaper to go with the $35 plan.
Nov 22, 2011
310 posts
146 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Is Chatr owned by one of the big 3?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
I am hoping for a $35 unlim local or provincial calling, 1tb plan from anyone come sept/oct ...

i know public mobile had it, but i was on free wind and beta offer is gone now
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5701 posts
2922 upvotes
Winnipeg
is this available in manitoba?
Nov 7, 2011
688 posts
603 upvotes
British Columbia
Financials wrote: I am hoping for a $35 unlim local or provincial calling, 1tb plan from anyone come sept/oct ...

i know public mobile had it, but i was on free wind and beta offer is gone now
If you find a 1tb plan let me know. lol think you mean 1gb. Honestly I've been with wind, mobility and chatr (and all the big bastards) Chatr had literally been the same as rogers for me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
bengoldenberg wrote: If you find a 1tb plan let me know. lol think you mean 1gb. Honestly I've been with wind, mobility and chatr (and all the big bastards) Chatr had literally been the same as rogers for me.
haha, yeah gb*.

I use to use chatr all the time with wifi only at school work and home, but wind free promo was too good to pass up.

service has gotten better of late where i live, but we shall see - i would rather pay chatr $35 for 1gb and unlim calling over wind for 5gb ... but they wont offer that.
Nov 27, 2009
327 posts
41 upvotes
only 100 text!!!

should be unlimited!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2572 posts
1596 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Not sure if this is even a warm deal. 100 texts? Any kid would eat that up in a day.
Nov 27, 2009
327 posts
41 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote: Not sure if this is even a warm deal. 100 texts? Any kid would eat that up in a day.
agree! 100 texts...what a joke!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4191 posts
3132 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah Wind has the unlimited talk and text plan for $25/month - but with all the complaints about reception and their shoddy service lately, for those who don't care about texting, this Chatr $25/month plan on a more stable network (i.e. Rogers) is decent.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2003
1536 posts
38 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
Is Chatr Rogers or Fido?? On this page, http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/offer it says Fido is their sister company... wtf.

This seems like a pretty good deal. I've been using less and less data and texts the past little while.. I might pick this up and save myself some money.. I'm sick of paying $72/month for ***** I don't even use.

FWIW, Wind are a bunch of crooks. Not only is their service complete *****E, but they ripped me off of my security deposit. I've complained numerous times and every time they pretend to open a case, yet it's been 8 months and I STILL haven't gotten it back. F those guys.. I wish they'd go bankrupt and piss off already.
Mar 17, 2008
388 posts
147 upvotes
kloan wrote: Is Chatr Rogers or Fido?? On this page, http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/offer it says Fido is their sister company... wtf.

This seems like a pretty good deal. I've been using less and less data and texts the past little while.. I might pick this up and save myself some money.. I'm sick of paying $72/month for ***** I don't even use.

FWIW, Wind are a bunch of crooks. Not only is their service complete *****E, but they ripped me off of my security deposit. I've complained numerous times and every time they pretend to open a case, yet it's been 8 months and I STILL haven't gotten it back. F those guys.. I wish they'd go bankrupt and piss off already.
Fido is owned by Rogers
Jun 29, 2005
490 posts
64 upvotes
cold...can't beat cityphone or zoomer mobile deal before.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
MVNOs and their parent companies

Fido and Chatr, owned by Rogers
Virgin and Solo Mobile, owned by Bell
Koodo, Public Mobile owned by Telus
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1154 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guys, I am not defending telcos and 100 txt message cap, I am asking this out of curiosity...but who are these people that you guys are texting, that don't have whatsapp, viber, Facebook, iMessage, Google and other messaging apps. I don't remember when was the last time I sent regular text (I seriously don't)