Nov 15, 2008
196 posts
260 upvotes
Montreal

chatr Spring Sale: Sign up for autopay and get 100$ credit

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 31, 2014
chatr is having a Spring Sale. BYOD and sign up for autopay and get 100$ credit. Breakdown is 10$/month for 8 months and free SIM card (a supposedly value of 20$).

I think 10$/month for unlimited calling for the first 8 months (20$/month thereafter) if you live in one of the chatr zones is hot.

Don't know if this only works in Quebec. Called up their customer support to ask for a URL and they were not even aware of the deal, so I guess you'll have to go in store for this one.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/bj8ys0.jpg[/IMG]
25 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1622 posts
481 upvotes
Canada
anyone else able to get this outside of Quebec?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1305 posts
316 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: anyone else able to get this outside of Quebec?
I just signed my parents up to this yesterday in Vancouver and I didn't realize this was a new promo. We got a free SIM and $80 credit (the sales rep at Wireless Wave didn't know if it'd be $10/month or an $80 lump sum though) just as the ad states. So this deal should most likely be available everywhere.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4279 posts
6838 upvotes
Toronto
I hope this is available in toronto, could help a lot of the people in the public mobile situation right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1305 posts
316 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: Is this promo the same as their website? No mention of the free SIM card though

https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/conte ... toPayBonus
Ya that's the same promo. I think it's indicating $80 in credits because they factored in the free SIM already (deducting $20 from the $100 just like how OP described it). So even though it's not advertised, you should get a free SIM + $80 in credits if you sign up for auto-pay instead of $100 in credits.

And my mom received a $10 credit today. Guess it's $10/month for the next 8 months rather than a lump sum.
Jul 29, 2013
494 posts
181 upvotes
For those wanting to sign up, I don't think the bills come in as -$10 / month, u get $10 "bonus dollars" that can be used ontop of your monthly plan for out of region calling or data or something... but, if you dont use that, it carries over and can be used towards an entire month or two towards the end of the 8months, or thats how it worked a while back anyway.
Feb 24, 2010
942 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
KyleB536 wrote: For those wanting to sign up, I don't think the bills come in as -$10 / month, u get $10 "bonus dollars" that can be used ontop of your monthly plan for out of region calling or data or something... but, if you dont use that, it carries over and can be used towards an entire month or two towards the end of the 8months, or thats how it worked a while back anyway.
I was going to ask that. Thanks for clarifying.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Hasn't this also been the case? This my first time seeing an advertisement for it, but this deal has been active since last year.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
zentro wrote: Something like this has always been around, and that extra credit is only good for additional services not the bill itself.
no, just keep the autopay for 8 months, and then cancel it. Your 80$ in accumulated credits will pay your monthly bill for the next few months.

It's basically autopay for 8 months, and get x months free.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5242 posts
4390 upvotes
Toronto
The extra credit cannot be used for the bill, I know it because I have someone who has Chatr. You can only use it for the Chatr extra services. Long Distance, Additional Data (Only if you have a Data Plan btw), Extra Minutes for outside Chatr Zones and International Outgoing Text Messages.

I'm 99.9% sure this is the case, because I've asked them before about applying this credit towards the bill and the answer I got is that it's only for the "extra services" as shown by that graphic. I agree it's kind of misleading.

If you managed to use it, let me know. Because the rep lied to me in that case.
Oct 19, 2005
857 posts
217 upvotes
Brampton
zentro wrote: The extra credit cannot be used for the bill, I know it because I have someone who has Chatr. You can only use it for the Chatr extra services. Long Distance, Additional Data (Only if you have a Data Plan btw), Extra Minutes for outside Chatr Zones and International Outgoing Text Messages.

I'm 99.9% sure this is the case, because I've asked them before about applying this credit towards the bill and the answer I got is that it's only for the "extra services" as shown by that graphic. I agree it's kind of misleading.
Really? my mother in law is with chatr and she cancelled autopay 2 months ago. Now shes paying her monthly bill with her $80 credit, I checked her account history and confirmed.
You cannot manually choose to use the credit to pay for the bill, nor there is such option. But the system will does it for you, this is what happening to my mother in law from what i can see.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14693 posts
2383 upvotes
Toronto
Chatr is useless.

The virtual zones are much smaller than Wind's physical coverage.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5242 posts
4390 upvotes
Toronto
Then I guess they lied to me a year ago or so when I called them, I still have the credit however.

I remember asking if I could apply it towards a phone purchase or bill payment and was specifically told that it only applied to extra services.
Oct 19, 2005
857 posts
217 upvotes
Brampton
zentro wrote: Then I guess they lied to me a year ago or so when I called them, I still have the credit however.

I remember asking if I could apply it towards a phone purchase or bill payment and was specifically told that it only applied to extra services.
It is for extra service, but there is just no other options for the customer service or users to choose how they want to apply the credit. The system will deplete the credit automatically if you forgot to pay the bill.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5242 posts
4390 upvotes
Toronto
Well thanks for letting me know, I got someone in my family with Chatr so time to use it up, since it has been rather useless.

Also I noticed they added a $20 plan, what is the major difference between $20 & $25? Does the $20 cover the entire Toronto region as shown in on the map?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SfIDYV2.png[/IMG]
Mar 8, 2010
241 posts
112 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
avatar12 wrote: Really? my mother in law is with chatr and she cancelled autopay 2 months ago. Now shes paying her monthly bill with her $80 credit, I checked her account history and confirmed.
You cannot manually choose to use the credit to pay for the bill, nor there is such option. But the system will does it for you, this is what happening to my mother in law from what i can see.
I can confirm that the credit can be used on monthly charge as well. Have been using the $80 credit for the last few months. Just need to cancel autopay after $80 are all in account. The credit will be used for monthly bill automatically.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5242 posts
4390 upvotes
Toronto
jojo9098 wrote: I can confirm that the credit can be used on monthly charge as well. Have been using the $80 credit for the last few months. Just need to cancel autopay after $80 are all in account. The credit will be used for monthly bill automatically.
Thanks as well for letting me know.
Oct 19, 2005
857 posts
217 upvotes
Brampton
zentro wrote: Well thanks for letting me know, I got someone in my family with Chatr so time to use it up, since it has been rather useless.

Also I noticed they added a $20 plan, what is the major difference between $20 & $25? Does the $20 cover the entire Toronto region as shown in on the map?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SfIDYV2.png[/IMG]
the $20 plan is unlimited in the yellow area.