Expired Hot Deals

Chatr

YMMV $45 chatr plan - possible change from in zone to open?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 5:26 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1364 posts
751 upvotes

YMMV $45 chatr plan - possible change from in zone to open?

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
0%
Expiry:
August 11, 2021
Retailer:
Chatr
This may be targeted, as I just received a text from them for the same plan, but +2GB data, and no longer in Zone, for the same price. It looks to still be old 3G standard, but they claimed that if you're part of the nationwide plans, it should be LTE. That's not what is advertised here though.

I'm currently on their $45/mo In-Zone canada/us talk, int text, 6GB data.

Offer:
$45 Per Month
8 GB of Data
Unlimited Canada/US Talk & International Text
Unlimited Canada/US Talk
Unlimited Text to Canada,
US & International
8 GB at 3G speed. Continue using data at a reduced speed until your next Anniversary Date.
International Talk Saver
Voicemail

This may not be the best deal, or even worth mentioning, but if you're still from the old mobilicity plan that has been continuously up-charged, it may be worth discussing.
Last edited by Drizzt on Aug 9th, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4654 posts
4011 upvotes
Calgary
My old mobilicity plan is still $25/month. Hasn't been any up-charges. They actually added on an extra 2GB (8GB total) for setting up automatic payment.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
The $50/month for 12.5GB Data with Unlimited International Text and US/Canada Talk is a better deal than this at Public Mobile. There are no zones, the network is better and with pre authorized payments save $2/month making it $48/month and every year you're with them, it drops by $1 making it potentially $43/month in the future.

**it's normally 10.5gb but right now they are giving everyone an extra 2gb making it 12.5gb.

If you don't need US Talk the $40 plan is better than this as you get 7GB data now and with pre authorized $38/month and potentially $33/month in the future.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1364 posts
751 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: The $50/month for 12.5GB Data with Unlimited International Text and US/Canada Talk is a better deal than this at Public Mobile. There are no zones, the network is better and with pre authorized payments save $2/month making it $48/month and every year you're with them, it drops by $1 making it potentially $43/month in the future.

**it's normally 10.5gb but right now they are giving everyone an extra 2gb making it 12.5gb.
Thanks, noted. I'll look at this as well. For me, anything over 3GB of data doesn't add any practical value, but no zones is nice. I use very little data/text/minutes working from home.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
Drizzt wrote: Thanks, noted. I'll look at this as well. For me, anything over 3GB of data doesn't add any practical value, but no zones is nice. I use very little data/text/minutes working from home.
Take a look at this thread, you'll find more info on it bonus-2gb-monthly-data-plans-35-mo-2468748/

if you just need something around 3gb and you don't need US calling, take a look at the $35 plan, it's 5GB data, Unlimited International Text and Unlimited Canada Wide talk. With pre authorized it becomes $33/month and in 5yrs it will drop to $28/month. There isn't any zones on none of the plans.
Aug 24, 2016
934 posts
1012 upvotes
Too bad there’s no $25 plan with a few GB of data.
Jul 26, 2019
19 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks OP, I've been clinging to my used-to-be 50$ Mobilicity plan (unlimited with 6gig at 3g) that's now up to almost 57$. This suggests CHATr may be offering promotions in the next little while. I'll keep an eye out, but please keep posting. :)
Note : link came up as 404, but not surprised as you mentioned the offer was targeted. The game is the game. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1584 posts
1077 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
If you guys want your plan to increase in price every now and again, this is the company you'll want to sign up with.

How many hundreds of dollars have Chatr owed my parents throughout the years?

How much money have Chatr already took from seniors who doesn't know the ins and outs of their own phone plans?