• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 7:19 am
[OP]
Jan 30, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
Saskatoon

Cheap Flights from YXE>FRA

I am hoping to fly out at the end of July from Saskatoon to Frankfurt and return within 2 weeks. Not sure if there are any deals that might approach in the next month or so. Any help would be appreciated!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2781 posts
1516 upvotes
Canadia
That's peak season (school holidays typically run though July and the first week of August in Germany). Your best hope might be one of the charter airlines; check Condor and Air Transat from Edmonton or Calgary.

Also consider flying to Amsterdam (or one of the London airports) and take a no-frills EasyJet or Ryanair flight on to FRA (book those direct through the airline and travel light to avoid baggage fees).
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4749 posts
4612 upvotes
Vancouver
jayta78 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 1:29 am
I am hoping to fly out at the end of July from Saskatoon to Frankfurt and return within 2 weeks. Not sure if there are any deals that might approach in the next month or so. Any help would be appreciated!
I'm seeing $1,192 on Condor, out July 24 via YYZ, and in Aug 6 via YYC. Jump on that now, you aren't likely to get any better price this late in the game.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15813 posts
8118 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Kiraly wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 12:03 pm
I'm seeing $1,192 on Condor, out July 24 via YYZ, and in Aug 6 via YYC. Jump on that now, you aren't likely to get any better price this late in the game.
Beware that Condor is part of Thomas Cook: Six Factors That May Determine If Thomas Cook Survives the Year

They're trying to raise cash by selling off divisions, e.g. selling Condor back to LH (from whom they bought Condor only a few years ago.) If they're unsuccessful Condor may experience service disruptions.

Germany's Lufthansa bids for Thomas Cook's Condor almost three weeks ago. No news yet on whether they've made a deal.

[I've been following this situation because we booked summer flights on Condor early this year. If I had to do this today I'd look at other options.]
veni, vidi, Visa