• May 22nd, 2021 7:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
8587 posts
6070 upvotes
Winnipeg

Cheap meals for lunch at work

I need some suggestions on some meals to prep for work. I hate meal prepping for lunchs as I only work at the office m,t,th,f. I cook twice once on Sunday and on Wednesday as I want the freshest as possible. Anyone got any ideas? EASY prep work. Also Dairy free ideas please :)
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3093 posts
556 upvotes
Toronto
skinless chicken breast, brown rice, steamed broccoli
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17797 posts
15248 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Leftovers from dinner the night before = CHEAP EATS
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
1067 posts
871 upvotes
trane0 wrote: skinless chicken breast, brown rice, steamed broccoli
You lift bro?
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10442 posts
4550 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Leftovers from dinner the night before = CHEAP EATS
Yup! I always cook more than we need for dinner for this exact reason.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2797 posts
1530 upvotes
Barrie
I find stirfry's on rice to be the easiest meal in the work to cook, freeze and reheat the best and taste damn good.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22283 posts
3567 upvotes
Toronto
tomato sauce pasta (White Linen from Costco) with some ground meat & frozen mixed veggies is my go-to......

You can either nuke it & eat it hot or leave it in the fridge & eat it cold.

Mind you - I love starch so this is probably only good if you moderate your starch intake (I can eat whatever I put in front of myself!)

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1239 posts
706 upvotes
Ripley
Peanut butter sandwich. Frozen dinner. Leftovers. My spouse takes a little sandwich press and has grilled cheese and ham every day.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4181 posts
2080 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Look into quality canned fish. Smoked sardines, mackerel, tuna in sauces and pair that up with bread and some sort of a vegg. Might roast a couple squashes on your weekend, minimal hands on, and have that as a side.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5096 posts
2003 upvotes
faken wrote: I need some suggestions on some meals to prep for work. I hate meal prepping for lunchs as I only work at the office m,t,th,f. I cook twice once on Sunday and on Wednesday as I want the freshest as possible. Anyone got any ideas? EASY prep work. Also Dairy free ideas please :)
Leftovers from dinner the night before. Cook more ... bring to work .. nuke ... eat.

I work from home now ... but we do that still ... cook dinner nightly ... pack a lunch for the next day ... just toss in the nuker at lunchtime.

How difficult is that??
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27969 posts
13600 upvotes
How much do you hate your coworkers?

If it were me I'd bring in a breadmaker and make my own sandwiches.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
10278 posts
4728 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: How much do you hate your coworkers?

If it were me I'd bring in a breadmaker and make my own sandwiches.
I think they would only need to hear the thing beat dough 1X before they would beat you.