• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2021 10:45 pm
[OP]
Jan 21, 2013
746 posts
203 upvotes
in a bubble

Cheap projector issues....

Got this at a yard sale...got it to focus but the printing is Backwards! i plugged my phone into the usb on back & also the hdml plug...nothing happened. i know i have to adjust the settings but like i said...they are backwards. any suggestions? see pics.
Images
  • axiom.jpg
  • projec3.jpg
  • projec6.jpg
  • projec.jpg
  • projec5.jpg
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3185 posts
1863 upvotes
Toronto
Flip horizontal last image - change that. You are setup for rear projection right now i believe.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2013
746 posts
203 upvotes
in a bubble
AstonM wrote: Flip horizontal last image - change that. You are setup for rear projection right now i believe.
ok...that worked...but it still wont project anything. :rolleyes: Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19869 posts
6043 upvotes
Toronto
ammaretto wrote: ok...that worked...but it still wont project anything. :rolleyes: Disappointed But Relieved Face
Use a different source. Not a phone.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2013
746 posts
203 upvotes
in a bubble
it wouldnt work with my portable dvd player...so i plugged in a usb stick with movies on it.... all i got was this pic.....

it wouldnt let me click on anything... it may be time for the donation pile. ;-(
Images
  • axion.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4471 posts
4632 upvotes
GTA
If the USB isn't formatted properly, or doesn't have the types of files the built-in Media player would recognize, that could be the issue.
Was the DVD player using HDMI? I'd keep trying different media players, inputs or devices that will hook up.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2354 posts
527 upvotes
Does it have an HDMI in the back? If so, try using a Firestick..are you using a remote to try to open a file? Are there input keys on the top of the projector? We just bought a projector/screen combo and found no way to run our Firestick on it outside of the controls on the top of the projector...unless I am an idiot couldn't figure out how to get an image on the screen

edit: I see there are top controls and an HDMI..top controls won't work? Try an HDMI source maybe
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3941 posts
22223 upvotes
You need to try the basic inputs first.

Try using the rca cable connections first, it’s the most basic analog option, take any cable as colour won’t matter at at this stage and plug it into the yellow video rca port and change the input to AV (based on what I can see in your original pic).

If you get video then movie in to HDMI and play something and if you don’t get video on one port switch it to the 2nd HDMI port.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2013
746 posts
203 upvotes
in a bubble
markopas wrote: You need to try the basic inputs first.

Try using the rca cable connections first, it’s the most basic analog option, take any cable as colour won’t matter at at this stage and plug it into the yellow video rca port and change the input to AV (based on what I can see in your original pic).

If you get video then movie in to HDMI and play something and if you don’t get video on one port switch it to the 2nd HDMI port.
tried that, still nothing, also tried hdml. it would be so much easier with a remote but then again maybe its just fu%#ed? Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3941 posts
22223 upvotes
ammaretto wrote: tried that, still nothing, also tried hdml. it would be so much easier with a remote but then again maybe its just fu%#ed? Astonished Face
Strong possibility.

What device are you testing this with?