Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2006
1096 posts
64 upvotes

cheap restaurants for valentines?

i'm spending all my money on a promise ring for 6 month anniversary and i would like to take my gf somewhere nice for valentines but i can't spend 100 per person on a meal...does anyone know any less expensive but romantic restaurants?
23 replies
Oct 22, 2003
743 posts
2 upvotes
Baton Rouge is always nice.

30 bucks can get you a huge ass meal of chicken and ribs with fries.
25 bucks can get her Chicken & Shrimps. Order a bottle of wine for another 30 if you'd like.

100 bucks with taxes
10 - 15 dollar tip if desired
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3613 posts
751 upvotes
Taco Bell is always an option as well.... :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24171 posts
1425 upvotes
Markham, ON
...you dont need to worry...all the expensive and nice places are booked :)

for a last resort you can always go to Maxim at Finch and Lesile :lol:

btw...you should have asked us what we think about promise rings...big waste of money since if you are serious...you'll be getting an engagement ring...and the promise ring will just sit in the drawer.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
3 upvotes
I usually go the day before. so it wont be as packed
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2002
1143 posts
1 upvote
here are two events you can't cheap out: valentine's & weddings -- do so at your peril and you'll hear it for the rest of your life (or 2 weeks before you guys break up and even then all her friends will know about you through gossip).

i would book a restaurant now. even if it's family owned, you should ensure you have a space. choose between giving flowers & dinner if you can't do both. a good dinner with one rose is better than handing $70 roses and hearing her say, "where are you taking me tonight?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

make it a surprise, drop hints, make her feel special and important in your life, this doesn't cost a penny. pay attention and don't mention money. don't. there are many places for under $100/couple. try the latin restaurants along college street because dinner, music & dancing are inclusive (but phone today to make sure you can get in). she'll brag to her girls about your moves...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
39 upvotes
since it's a Tuesday..

can't best Toonie Tuesdays at KFC
Mar 10, 2004
17 posts
veejam wrote:i'm spending all my money on a promise ring for 6 month anniversary and i would like to take my gf somewhere nice for valentines but i can't spend 100 per person on a meal...does anyone know any less expensive but romantic restaurants?

I went to tuyen restaurant on yonge with my colleague, since i got the $10 off coupon. cool place, price is ok, food good, but dont know if u can use the coupon on v day or not.. :P Good luck! by the way, did u propose yet?
Jan 25, 2006
21 posts
darth wolf wrote:Ikea, there's a thread under hot deals :cheesygri

yeah yeah.. i like this idea, you can test their beds after the dinner :twisted: :twisted:

iamalittleangel wrote:I went to tuyen restaurant on yonge with my colleague, since i got the $10 off coupon. cool place, price is ok, food good, but dont know if u can use the coupon on v day or not.. :P Good luck! by the way, did u propose yet?

I think i've seen this coupon somewhere before? :confused:
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
3 upvotes
itsmypostoffice wrote:here are two events you can't cheap out: valentine's & weddings -- do so at your peril and you'll hear it for the rest of your life (or 2 weeks before you guys break up and even then all her friends will know about you through gossip).

i would book a restaurant now. even if it's family owned, you should ensure you have a space. choose between giving flowers & dinner if you can't do both. a good dinner with one rose is better than handing $70 roses and hearing her say, "where are you taking me tonight?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

make it a surprise, drop hints, make her feel special and important in your life, this doesn't cost a penny. pay attention and don't mention money. don't. there are many places for under $100/couple. try the latin restaurants along college street because dinner, music & dancing are inclusive (but phone today to make sure you can get in). she'll brag to her girls about your moves...

Got to agreed with you there.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
iamalittleangel wrote:I went to tuyen restaurant on yonge with my colleague, since i got the $10 off coupon. cool place, price is ok, food good, but dont know if u can use the coupon on v day or not.. :P Good luck! by the way, did u propose yet?
Tuyen (Yonge/Sheppard) is kind of expensive.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
veejam wrote:i'm spending all my money on a promise ring for 6 month anniversary and i would like to take my gf somewhere nice for valentines but i can't spend 100 per person on a meal...does anyone know any less expensive but romantic restaurants?
what city, what neighbourhood?

http://dine.to

http://www.torontolife.com/cityguide/la ... urants.cfm

http://www.toronto.com/restaurants