Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
264 upvotes
Burlington

Cheap Shipping Within the GTA

Have a contract settled and the client wants me to ship orders to the individual's homes. They're more than willing to pay for the cost for it, however I was hoping to find a cheaper option that will save them at least some money.

The first shipments will be approx. 70 packages all fairly small, about the equivalent of sending a t-shirt (thinking folded in a regular size manilla envelope).

Over the next several months this will expand into, roughly estimating, 500 individual packages. Looking over at CP they want about $9.50 (-10% for my business acct) for a 30x25x2 and 0.1kg. That just seems like an excessive amount of money to spend on shipping. All the clients are located in the GTA.

Delivery confirmation is not a must, but preferred as some of the packages will be relatively inexpensive but others can be upwards of several hundred dollars per piece.
5 replies
Nov 24, 2007
501 posts
74 upvotes
What about some of the same-day couriers in the GTA? Some of them have some cheap rates if the distance isn't far:

http://www.themessengers.ca/showPage.asp?id=29 (+ $100 in free shipping for signing up).

Another option to look into is Canpar. If you can either get on a group rate or a negotiated rate, you may be able to get into the $7 range for shipping.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2448 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton
so you are drop shipping directly to end consumer?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3302 posts
1042 upvotes
Alberta
Too bad you can't squeeze your product into a size allowable for lettermail.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
264 upvotes
Burlington
I am manufacturing them here and sending them out to the individual customers. Normally this is not a problem however these are low value items and adding $10 to cover shipping would make little sense on $50.00 product. I've worked out an arrangement for the time being but will likely be doing several of these over the year. I've thought about just delivering them myself as they're all in a localized area and I can bill mileage and collect shipping cost but it'd be a solid day of driving around to do it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3616 upvotes
Toronto
Look into the pricing at ICS