Request-A-Deal

Cheap Smartphone plans for couple, also Iphone unlocking service, Contract ended with Bell

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 1:34 pm
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
289 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Cheap Smartphone plans for couple, also Iphone unlocking service, Contract ended with Bell

Hello friends-could you please suggest cheaper BYOD Smartphone plans for 2 phones. Presently contract done with Bell and also looking to unlock and do not want to pay $50 per phone to Bell, any suggestions?. Looking for 2GB data with Unlimited calling. Thanks a lot.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23578 posts
5744 upvotes
Toronto
If you can wait until Dec 2017, iphone unlocking will be free via the carriers...

If you need an interim solution, look at the magic sim which you place underneath your sim to fool the iphone so you can use any carrier sim on a carrier locked iphone..

I picked up a magic sim from ebay from a Cdn seller for $15.....lets me use my Fido sim on a Telus locked iphone....

Zoomer or Public mobile have good plans.

Best plans are Koodo QC plans if you ok to jump thru some simple hoops...
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
289 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks for your advise. I will look into it. I have 2 iphones.
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
289 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Yes, that's true. I spoke to Bell and they said they could unlock it free in Dec. I will check the magic sim option and will check the service providers you mentioned. Thank you.
Sep 20, 2017
150 posts
173 upvotes
I have a Bell QC plan for me and my wife. We have unlimited local and LD calling, texting, free roaming, 50 free mins to US and 7 GB shareable data. We pay 118$ including taxes for the two of us.