Green / Eco-Friendly

Cheap solar panels/batteries suppliers in Canada (for DIY)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2021 3:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2750 posts
1976 upvotes

Cheap solar panels/batteries suppliers in Canada (for DIY)

I know there is already a discussion about the solar, but I thought we can create a separate thread for those want to go the DIY route.

The rebate terms state that the panels must be purchased from Canada, so if anyone has any suggestions and quotes they have received, please post them here.

The rebate also provided $1000 for batteries, so you could post prices for this too.

I am considering DIYing it, but only if cost is minimal

Thanks for sharing
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
3 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2750 posts
1976 upvotes
These guys seem to sell kits close to rebate cost:

https://sunwatts.com/5-kw-solar-kits/
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12292 posts
6857 upvotes
Brampton
I'm confused by the wording in the program or maybe someone can clarify but it states in addition to having source Canadian distributed(not made) panels that it has to be installed by a licensed professional and has to provide a receipt. The only exception was thermostat.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6061 posts
1554 upvotes
The kits are an interesting point of comparison. Taking the base Trina 410 panels, the price increase between different inverters is quite high.
SMA inverter: $5800
Solaredge HD: $7600
Enphase: $7700
Generac: $9300
Sol-Ark: $12,850
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」