None
[OP]
Nov 29, 2015
82 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Cheap Tablet? ~$100

Hello,
I'm looking to get my dad a new tablet as his previous one broke a few weeks ago.
Any suggestions/deals for a tablet around $100?
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1718 posts
352 upvotes
Vaughan
The Samsung tablet (E lite) has very bad reviews. Can't upgrade past Android 4.4 either.

I bought this Acer Iconia One 7" for my kids for $90. The will go back to that price on BF.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2015
82 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
d_source wrote: The Samsung tablet (E lite) has very bad reviews. Can't upgrade past Android 4.4 either.

I bought this Acer Iconia One 7" for my kids for $90. The will go back to that price on BF.
Damn, I was looking at the E Lite...
You'd recommend the Acer over it? There's a doorcrasher deal at Staples for $77 for the acer (https://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/the ... 17-100839/)
But I don't really want to deal with the crowds hahah. If there's nothing better i'll probably just line up as well
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1718 posts
352 upvotes
Vaughan
Have a further look at the E lite. Maybe things that bother me would be fine by you. Most stores are offering that one for the same price from what I've seen, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it. I think Costco's regular price is $90, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for posting the staples link. I hadn't seen that one. It's a bit of savings over the BB one that I bought so I may need to consider it, especially since I bought 2. Looking at the comparisons, the one from staples has a better screen. The one from BB has a better processor and battery life. Other than that, they look to be the same : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/c ... .LEKAA.001

You could always buy online and avoid the lines. Amazon will likely have price drops on these tablets as well on Friday.

Edit: Just saw the link and ad you posted was from The Source and not Staples. Make sure you don't go line up at Staples that day...Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1763 posts
897 upvotes
A lot of LG Gpads will likely come into the market after BF with the Freedom and Fido promos. Last year I was able to get an LG Gpad 3 for $130 (I think).

Pretty great tablet so far.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13061 posts
3174 upvotes
Markham
Bump

Looking for a tablet to take on vacation so I can leave my laptop home. Will only use for emails, googling stuff to do and maybe storing some photos. Ideally cheap but not a total piece of crap.

Any suggestions?
Oct 3, 2007
150 posts
153 upvotes
I don't know how savvy your pops is with technology. I recently purchased the tab e lite for my folks. They just do some light surfing, email, watch a few videos and skype and it meets their needs. They're satisfied with it, and have had no complaints. I picked it up at Costco for about $90.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13061 posts
3174 upvotes
Markham
RolandCouch wrote: Bump

Looking for a tablet to take on vacation so I can leave my laptop home. Will only use for emails, googling stuff to do and maybe storing some photos. Ideally cheap but not a total piece of crap.

Any suggestions?
Bump
Dec 25, 2015
129 posts
71 upvotes
Brighton, ON
Take a chance on this?
On for $69.99 ($100 off) sale ends tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13061 posts
3174 upvotes
Markham
^^^Can anyone comment on the quality? Inflated regular price or decent for basics?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)