• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2017 8:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6386 posts
2029 upvotes

Cheap tablet for parents when flying?

I'm looking for a cheap tablet for my parents when they fly. They barely know how to turn the computer on so I don't need anything special, just something they can watch a movie on, read, play basic games on when flying. I'm going to the US in a few weeks and wonder if I should get them a Fire tablet? But I thought I remember reading somewhere certain things don't work in Canada. Ideally want to spend around $100 or less if possible. 7" fire is $50USD.
1 reply
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1329 upvotes
baz5 wrote: I'm looking for a cheap tablet for my parents when they fly. They barely know how to turn the computer on so I don't need anything special, just something they can watch a movie on, read, play basic games on when flying. I'm going to the US in a few weeks and wonder if I should get them a Fire tablet? But I thought I remember reading somewhere certain things don't work in Canada. Ideally want to spend around $100 or less if possible. 7" fire is $50USD.
Why don't you get them a 5.5"-6" smartphone instead, this way they can get a SIM for the country they are traveling to too along with tablet and GPS functions !