Request-A-Deal

Cheapest 10mbps upload in GTA for surveillance system.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 12:26 am
[OP]
Aug 9, 2013
395 posts
342 upvotes
Mississauga

Cheapest 10mbps upload in GTA for surveillance system.

I'm putting a surveillance system into a building I own. Apparently I need at least 10mbps to keep up with 8k cameras.

I'm phoning around and I can use some help. Has anyone gotten a deal or know of any service that is CHEAP. This is ANOTHER insurance cost and the last thing I need is another heavy montyhly payment.

HELP!
2 replies
Dec 6, 2018
86 posts
45 upvotes
I haven't seen any packages from an ISP that offer higher than 10mbps upload speeds as most folks don't need anything more than that. If you're looking to keep costs down, are 8k resolution security cameras really a necessity? Perhaps just lower the streaming resolution to something that can fit through a 10mbit pipe? But still keep your local storage at 8k, if that's possible?
[OP]
Aug 9, 2013
395 posts
342 upvotes
Mississauga
I haven't got a clue. It's my first foray into surveillance cameras and it's a bit of an education. From what I understand an 8k takes 2.5mbps per camera. In theory, I have enough.

My problem is that right now, I can't find anything cheaper the $50 from Tecksavvy. That's a additional $680 a year for security because it makes the insurance company feel better. That's why I'm asking for help if anyone has seen better rates.

Bts...there are 1mbps cheaper monthly rates but that useless for modern systems.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)