Cell Phones

Cheapest cell plan with voicemail

[OP]
Jan 24, 2008
817 posts
68 upvotes

Cheapest cell plan with voicemail

I'm moving away for at least 6 months, maybe as long as a few years. Have a line with fido. I wanted Fido to keep my account and # but only have a voicemail option, so I can call in once every few days, log in to my voicemail, and check it. So basically their cheapest plan but with voicemail. I forgot how much it was, but I think the price I got was $30 (which includes x number of free canadian minutes, which I don't need). The other option was to mark the account as inactive for $5/month, which would save my # but no voicemail.

Does anyone know if there's another carrier I can use that would have a cheaper option that I can port my # to? Thanks
Last edited by eednapes on Jul 23rd, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13200 posts
4548 upvotes
freedom prepaid 1 year for $99
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Oct 12, 2005
352 posts
147 upvotes
Markham, ON
I use Fongo to keep my old cell number I got a few decades ago. It was only a one-time fee of $25 and you can have the Fongo Mobile app on your mobile phone and choose to answer it or let it go to voicemail, which is included with your Fongo account.

You can use the same app to make calls. You can call Canada-wide without paying any additional fees. Real SMS will cost extra. Some non short-code SMS will work, but it's not guaranteed.

Note: I don't work for Fongo. I am just a satisfied customer.
Last edited by chrishch on Jul 23rd, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1208 posts
2190 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
Port it to www.voip.ms. It would cost about $1 a month and tons of voicemail and forwarding options!
[OP]
Jan 24, 2008
817 posts
68 upvotes
Thanks. So one vote for Fongo, one for VoIP.ms. Anyone else able to share some insight?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9968 posts
4250 upvotes
Vaughan
Port to Speakout (if possible) then use their prepaid at $25 per 365 days.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)