• Feb 27th, 2021 10:39 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5920 posts
1384 upvotes
GTA

Cheapest International Courier Letter/Parcel

Since Covid I've been using couriers exclusively for shipping documents/small parcels oversea given CP's horrible shipping time and lack of tracking.

The aggregator I'm using tend to suggest single specific courier for international routes (outside of U.S.). Though their service level has been reliable and tracking precise, my cost has also gone up a lot, So I am wondering if there's alternatives to obtain better quotes or courier choices.
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5920 posts
1384 upvotes
GTA
Jon Lai wrote: For international shipments, UPS via netParcel is probably your best price 90% of the time unless you do enough volume to get your own rates.
Yes NP was 10% cheaper but their best quote was also from DHL. Maybe It is a destination thing?

Searched around further, eShipper was offering 15% additional discount from NP but they require credit in application.
Oct 28, 2015
913 posts
330 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
SF Express is way way cheaper than Canada Post for what I have used, as it's a chinese based courier company, check their web and see what destination countries were included...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5920 posts
1384 upvotes
GTA
Riaz wrote: How about them: https://chitchats.com/en
Not the same class of service for comparison. Chitchat would quote USPS First-Class Mail International but is it more or less reliable than CP? The delivery date is also estimated to be 8-75 days.

Before the pandemic officially ends, I'm not sure I would gamble with state-owned systems again...Yes postals are cheaper but also they come with huge delays.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4562 posts
4615 upvotes
Vancouver
Both couriers and post office are affected by pandemic conditions such as short staff and fewer flights to many destinations, but it's hard to predict.

Typically we are seeing 2 weeks for business mail coming from the U.S. to Canada.

As for sending stuff overseas, some recent experiences:

- Envelope via DHL to the UK: 2 days (after 3 days delay due to missed pickups)
- Boxes shipped to Australia via UPS: 12 days (6 days promised)
- Registered mail letter to Brazil: 3 months (including 4 weeks to leave Canada according to tracking!) (7-9 days promised)