• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 1:04 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2007
503 posts
127 upvotes
Mississauga

Cheapest method to buy Canon RF L lenses in Canada

I'm looking for any sliver of discount that I can find that are available for Canon RF lenses - specifically, the 24-70 2.8 or the 70-200 2.8. Obviously, these are premium lenses at premium prices.

Having said that, I'd love to find any kind of small discounts that may be available - whether it's Rakuten cash back, open box/refurbished, etc. as long as they're from an authorized Canon seller with full warranty.

Unfortunately, us Canadians are locked out of refurbished products from the Canon USA eStore, as well as most used stock sold in US e-stores unless you're willing to jump through several hoops bouncing packages around via cross-border shipping services.

FYI I'm not interested in cheaper alternatives equivalent, including 3rd party lenses or EF lens counterparts.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5069 posts
3251 upvotes
Unfortunately it's very much at the mercy of exchange rates. Canadian pricing does not reflect fluctuations that's why Canon Canada run rebate sales twice a year (IIRC).

Best option is B&H honestly, as they handle all customs/duties upfront. Never had a hiccup buying from B&H and shipping from NYC is faster than most packages from the GTA....I ordered one item and it was here in less than 48 hours....including customs clearance!

The other cheap methods:

- If you have a friend who works for Canon Canada, their discount is pretty good almost the same as distributor pricing.
- If you know a distributor personally
[OP]
Oct 17, 2007
503 posts
127 upvotes
Mississauga
bhrm wrote:
Best option is B&H honestly, as they handle all customs/duties upfront. Never had a hiccup buying from B&H and shipping from NYC is faster than most packages from the GTA....I ordered one item and it was here in less than 48 hours....including customs clearance!
Thanks for the suggestions. B&H doesn't ship new lenses to direct to Canada , unfortunately, and shipping to a NY address incurs a state tax charge. They will ship used lenses to Canada. but it's very rare for an RF L lens to become available (I check every day).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5069 posts
3251 upvotes
tezster wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. B&H doesn't ship new lenses to direct to Canada , unfortunately, and shipping to a NY address incurs a state tax charge. They will ship used lenses to Canada. but it's very rare for an RF L lens to become available (I check every day).
That's new, Canon Canada put a stop to that it looks like.

If it wasn't for COVID I highly recommend a trip to the store itself. It's so wonderful there!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)