Cell Phones

Cheapest place to get a front glass replacement for s10+?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2019 10:35 pm
[OP]
Feb 5, 2016
266 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Cheapest place to get a front glass replacement for s10+?

Cracked the front of my s10+. Don't care if it's a non official variant. Just need it to look aesthetically new. Anyone know the cheapest place to get it replaced?
5 replies
Jun 13, 2019
82 posts
49 upvotes
Oh boy good luck with that, go see a repair shop but I'm sure it'll be in the few hundreds and when you have it fixed, spend 40$ on invishield screen protect. Im always surprised at how people buy 1000$+ phones and don't have cases or screen protectors
Apr 25, 2019
350 posts
575 upvotes
This is the reason why I don’t buy ridiculously expensive phones anymore after my S8 broke.
Lucky Mobile 3.5 GB $25
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1156 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
You will be looking at 350-450 for authorized repair which is recommended if you care about the water resistance. Small shops will still be in the 300-350 range if you are in the GTA

Problem is that Samsung uses curved OLED screens which are just plain expensive and when my s8+ broke they had to replace the screen and all front components like the earpiece cause they came as one unit.

Depending on damage it is it may be more worthwhile to just use it or sell it as is.
Jul 9, 2018
109 posts
156 upvotes
whatisbwana wrote: Cracked the front of my s10+. Don't care if it's a non official variant. Just need it to look aesthetically new. Anyone know the cheapest place to get it replaced?
Did u buy the phone Brand new? And was it on a contract or bought out? If you got on a contract how much did u put down? Did you use a credit card??

I only ask because I had a similar problem back when I got my s8+ from freedom, I put down about 900 on it and used a bmo air miles master card. I read all the perks of said card and there is protect for up to 90 days. I got the estimate from the Samsung exp store in WEM and sent it off to the Assurance ( i think was the name) it cost me about $375 to replace the screen and they sent me a cheque for $400 . Something to think about sir
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6721 posts
3777 upvotes
Aurora
Ouch. DIY cost from supplier in Mississauga:

S10+ LCD (refurb) with frame - 424.99
http://z.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/006 ... rt_fit.jpg

With late model S series Edge phones, you have to realize you're basically replacing the entire top half of the phone. No such thing as a glass only replacement for an S10 from a repair shop.