• Apr 17th, 2007 1:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes

Cheapest place to get an iPod shuffle

Best Buy, FS and Apple.ca all have them listed for $89.99.

Any other places have deals on these? Do FS and/or BB ever have sales on these things? I'm not interested in used ones, so it has to be new..
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2837 posts
1912 upvotes
YVR
U can get refurbished from apple.ca for slightly cheaper. Not sure if that fits your NEW criteria. Other than that, you can buy gift cards off of someone in the BST section for ~10% off any of the FS/BB/Staples stores. A small discount is better than nothing at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1845 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
The 2nd Generation Shuffle is sometimes available at Costco for around $84.83, and that is considered a 'deal', unless there is some form of educational pricing on this from the Apple website.

GYR8
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1171 posts
15 upvotes
I've bought two refurb 2nd gen 4gb Nano's, one refurb 30gb Video, and one 2nd gen Shuffle from the Apple site. Unless you absolutely need the packaging to be the same as in stores I would recommend buying the refurb Shuffle, it's only $59 on the Apple site, and if you buy something else that puts your total to $75 you get free shipping. My friend got a new one from FS and I honestly cannot tell any difference between mine and his, from what I can tell everything except for the internals of the Shuffle are new, and I assume the battery is also new, as I get the rated battery life (12 hrs). You also get the full one year warranty, just like the new ones from retailers. The only single downside, from what I can tell, is the fact that you don't get the fancy packaging.
Just my 2
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
If you really want it new and soon, I think Wal-Mart also sells it for ~$85.
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10594 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
You buy gift cards for 10% off or so, then use those GCs to buy the unit

That's 10% off right there
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
I find that the prices on iPod personal music players don't really vary much from store to store like other mp3 players do.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2005
5218 posts
1240 upvotes
Burlington
I believe Costco or Wal-Mart would be the cheapest places...they also have good return policies.