Art and Photography

cheapest place in metro van to print a pic of us kids for Father on his day.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2016 3:29 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
335 posts
116 upvotes
Metro Vancouver

cheapest place in metro van to print a pic of us kids for Father on his day.

Canuckleheads in Metro Van,

My siblings and I got together to take a picture of ourselves to give to Dad for Father's Day. Where is a cheap place to get it printed. It's been a very long time since I've turned any of my digital pics into something physical.

Is Costco the best and cheapest?

I'm not sure yet if i just wanna get a pic printed. I see that Costco has something called "Canvas Print" "from $34.99". Maybe I'll get that?

http://www.costcophotocentre.ca/Help#/t ... ct-pricing
Prints
Print Prices
Price
4"x6" prints 10¢
5"x5" prints 59¢
5"x7" prints 59¢
8"x8", 8"x10", 8"x12" prints $2.49
11"x14" prints $4.99
12"x12", 12"x18" prints $5.99
16"x20" prints $8.99
24"x36" prints $17.99
4 replies
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
335 posts
116 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
We won't be considering canvas prints anymore. Because Costco takes 7-10 days to make them. We'll probably just go with regular prints.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1455 posts
796 upvotes
I rarely print but when I do, I always go to Costco. They have good quality & price and it usually takes less than 24h (depend on location, the one I go takes average 2h and it's ready to be picked)

It is RFD after all and I'm sure someone will know a place even cheaper but Costco is your best bet for plan B.

A piece of advice, find a frame you like first and then print the picture when you know it's dimension. Ie. 24x36 is quite an common size for posters, but for the longest time, Ikea didn't make one for it and everywhere else expect Walmart with their ugly black plastic frame were very expensive.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7726 posts
1607 upvotes
Yeah I agree with others that your goal should be where they could do it on time and no longer worry about price unless you do smaller size reg prints.

Ie. Costco can't print canvas in house, it is done at specific place(s) and shipped around the country for their locations.

There may be smaller shops with their own printer that could do canvas for you but be prepared to pay more, assumeing they dont alreaey have a backlog.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Aug 26, 2005
335 posts
116 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
We'll meet Dad at a place that is not our country or his. I don't know if getting a frame would survive in his (probably stuffed) suitcase. But just giving him a print seems to me to be not as thoughtful. Wonder what would be a good idea for our situation.