Automotive

Cheapest Places to get Safety Certification in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2013 8:47 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1013 posts
135 upvotes

Cheapest Places to get Safety Certification in GTA?

I am in Scarborough, so if you can help me find some here before I look at other places around the GTA. (Looking for Cheaper than $75)
40 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2739 posts
316 upvotes
So you want us to help you find a place that will fraudulently pass an unsafe car? LOL.
BlackJays wrote: shame has been acheived
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2886 posts
222 upvotes
The MOT does not govern the cost of either inspections or any repairs required usually. Your best bet is shop around/call shops around your area to compare prices.
As for places that are not strict...well unless your buddy owns a shop it'll be hard to get them to turn a blind eye for you.
-Skyline- wrote: I am in Scarborough, so if you can help me find some here before I look at other places around the GTA.
2nd Request is, Do you know any places that are not very strict in the safety certification that can help me out?
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1013 posts
135 upvotes
001Stunna wrote: The MOT does not govern the cost of either inspections or any repairs required usually. Your best bet is shop around/call shops around your area to compare prices.
As for places that are not strict...well unless your buddy owns a shop it'll be hard to get them to turn a blind eye for you.
Thanks. So far I've found a place for $75. If you know any place lower than that then let me know please.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1058 posts
142 upvotes
Brampton
$75 is good, I don't know if you can get any lower especially if you're looking for them to be "lenient"
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3013 posts
268 upvotes
Kingston
$75 is the going rate for a legit.

$450-$500 for a non-legit. Don't PM me cause I won't forward the info.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2886 posts
222 upvotes
starboy869 wrote: $75 is the going rate for a legit.

$450-$500 for a non-legit. Don't PM me cause I won't forward the info.
You're getting ripped for 450-500 for an "altered" one. More like ~200...same price as an "altered" e-test.
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15327 posts
2526 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
001Stunna wrote: You're getting ripped for 450-500 for an "altered" one. More like ~200...same price as an "altered" e-test.
Maybeh he get dah full package. Altered E-Test + Safety for $450 :razz:
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3013 posts
268 upvotes
Kingston
^ that. However the guy is going to tell you to eff off if it's less an $200 cash in said envelope.

However the etests are going be harder fudge when the new rules comes in. Odb2 ports and being under a random eye via webcam with MTO.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18766 posts
18323 upvotes
Richmond Hill
001Stunna wrote: You're getting ripped for 450-500 for an "altered" one. More like ~200...same price as an "altered" e-test.
That's still a rip. I pay $90 for a "safety". Don't PM I WILL NOT REFER". Too many snitches.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
1124 posts
182 upvotes
Whitby
For cheap and illegitimate the only place that might challenge Scarborough is Brampton. Otherwise you may have to resort to owning and operating your vehicle legitimately.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1013 posts
135 upvotes
Whoa 450 is too much lol. I have done it before for $120 but that friend is overseas right now so I am looking for another person to get it done this month.
I am either looking for a regular test for under $75 OR regular test that can "Help me out" for under $300.
I already have e-test done for the car, so dont worry about that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1013 posts
135 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Thats easy... go to a car shop with the dirtiest, ugliest looking office...
Especially one that has a shipping container or trailer as an office.
But it has to have wood panels on the inside.

Bring a brown envelope and tell them your proposition... they'll help you out!
I lol'd
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1013 posts
135 upvotes
starboy869 wrote: ^ that. However the guy is going to tell you to eff off if it's less an $200 cash in said envelope.

However the etests are going be harder fudge when the new rules comes in. Odb2 ports and being under a random eye via webcam with MTO.
Yes it will be harder to get an altered e-test but for a legit e-test it will be easier because they wont check "NO ppm" (the reason most cars fail e-tests)
Banned
Jan 20, 2013
685 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Why would anyone want your uncertified car sharing the road?

Get it fixed or a get a Metropass.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18766 posts
18323 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BlueBill wrote: Why would anyone want your uncertified car sharing the road?

Get it fixed or a get a Metropass.
Because certain things are just silly for the car to fail safety such as:

Cracked taillight lens
Driver side window not working
Muffler rusted
Crack in windshield

So think about how many cars on the road already have these "issues" and driven daily.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2010
1013 posts
135 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Because certain things are just silly for the car to fail safety such as:

Cracked taillight lens
Muffler rusted
Crack in windshield

So think about how many cars on the road already have these "issues" and driven daily.
Exactly. Thanks for clearing that up.

I have really small cracks on the windshield, smaller than a dime and maybe some other minor issues. Brakes and everything else are brand new.
Banned
Jan 20, 2013
685 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Because certain things are just silly for the car to fail safety such as:

Cracked taillight lens
Muffler rusted
Crack in windshield

Non of those are silly things and every three years they have to consider getting it fixed. Seriously is the OP too broke to drive? How do they afford auto insurance, it's not exactly cheap.

I remember driving before they pulled oil burning scrap off the road. Although the drivers seems to be getting worse at least the cars are in better shape.