• Aug 15th, 2021 10:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1963 posts
1814 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Cheapest unlimited minutes only plan?

Anyone have suggestions? Need a plan with unlimited minutes, no need to, data or voicemail. Cheapest is best
6 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23402 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
I think Public mobile would be the cheapest due to their rewards?

$25 / month for unlimited Cdn-wide mins + 500MB 3G data - you can lower the monthly cost with:

Less:
-$2 off per month with autopay
- $10 1x time referral credit
- $1 off every 30 days after first year. $2 after second year, and so on
- $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with PM

NOTE: The autopay also gives you another 500MB of data bonus, so you total 1G data (yes realize you don't need data but a nice bonus if you ever do need data)

another option if you or a friend or family member has access to EPP plans thru work - I recall work having a $20 unlimited talk & txt plan if you don't want to bother with rewards

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1963 posts
1814 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ji2o0k wrote: I think Public mobile would be the cheapest due to their rewards?

$25 / month for unlimited Cdn-wide mins + 500MB 3G data - you can lower the monthly cost with:

Less:
-$2 off per month with autopay
- $10 1x time referral credit
- $1 off every 30 days after first year. $2 after second year, and so on
- $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with PM

NOTE: The autopay also gives you another 500MB of data bonus, so you total 1G data (yes realize you don't need data but a nice bonus if you ever do need data)

another option if you or a friend or family member has access to EPP plans thru work - I recall work having a $20 unlimited talk & txt plan if you don't want to bother with rewards
Thanks. I was looking at the $25 PM plan but coudln't tell if there's anything cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5273 posts
2924 upvotes
GTA
I suppose if you were really wanted to save the money and don't mind the hassle... the $15 PM plan has unlimited incoming but only 100 outgoing. But you have the option of buying 500 minute addons for $5 which is about eight hours worth and lasts until you use it up.

there's also the $99/year Freedom plan if their service works for you
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4796 posts
4536 upvotes
Toronto
I guess the question is how many actual minutes do you require, and maybe the number of outgoing minutes that are required.

For the two options presented above, the Public Mobile $15 plan plus 500 minute addons may be cheaper than the $25/mo unlimited plan, depending on actual usage. I guess if you use less than 1,100 minutes outgoing per month, then the $15 plan is cheaper.

The very nice thing about the addons is that they carry over, so if you only need to dip into the addon partially one month, the remainder carries into the future.