Shopping Discussion

Cheapest way to ship Cores back to Rock Auto?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2017 12:52 am
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3868 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
It's been a few years, but when I last had the same situation, I recall I had a fair amount to time to return the items to Rockauto and I happened to be going on a vacation to the U.S., so was going to wait until the vacation, pack it in my luggage then ship it within U.S. as the price to ship from Canada wasn't worth it. However, I ended up forgetting to pack the items, so just ate the core charges (it was still cheaper than buying them in Canada). Since you're in the GTA, it might be an excuse to plan a short sightseeing day trip to Niagara Falls/Buffalo/Rochester...

I also read about this company and bookmarked it for future reference, but haven't tried it:

Chitchats
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2798 posts
745 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Before going to the trouble of sending them back, please make sure the cores are in acceptable condition. I was reading somewhere that some distributors are fussy about this and won't accept any that are unusable.
Mar 23, 2017
4 posts
5 upvotes
Nova Scotia
If you click on the word core at top of listing it explains how to print a shipping label from Rockauto so as to take advantage of their discounted shipping rates. Might be cheaper than Canada Post.
I have never tried this but I would be curious if it is worth it. Shipping cost deducted from your core refund.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11332 posts
4626 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Even shipping from the US, it might be worth it to return it. I wanted to return some brake calipers when I was in the US and it would have costed me $30 US for me to get back $30 US using USPS!