Travel

Cheapest way from Toronto to Seattle?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2018 9:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 26, 2015
1708 posts
1779 upvotes
Toronto

Cheapest way from Toronto to Seattle?

I wanna go around March 30 to April 1 just for the weekend for an event. Any ideas? Flights are around 600 but layover is horrendous. I have work so it's hard to schedule a short flight :(
14 replies
Sr. Member
Sep 26, 2006
818 posts
191 upvotes
North York
If time is of the essence there is a direct flight from YYz to SEA
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16618 posts
13936 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
If you want to go for a quick weekend trip... then ya gotta Fly
No other way to cover those 4000+ Kms
As it is, you’ll be spending around 5 Hours flying in either direction
Counting getting to & from the airport, Security, customs etc...
and you are burning up a ton of time just getting to and fro
Airfare, especially nonstop direct airfare is not cheap
But in this case I don’t think you have much choice
(Although if you have not looked...
you should also check to see if there are any non stop flights out of Buffalo
SOMETIMES that can be a tad cheaper... depends on exchange
But even that option is a time sucker with the drive there & back from the GTA)
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4348 upvotes
PointsHubby mirrored what I was going to say... unless you fly Air Canada you won't get a nonstop to Seattle from Toronto, and I doubt anybody flies it nonstop from Buffalo (if anybody does it'd be JetBlue).

Another possibility - maybe Vancouver is an option, then rent a car there and drive south to Seattle.

You're really stuck between a rock and a hard place, sorry. You will not get both cheap and fast to Seattle. Pick which one is more important to you and book according.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16616 posts
2318 upvotes
meepsheep wrote: I wanna go around March 30 to April 1 just for the weekend for an event. Any ideas? Flights are around 600 but layover is horrendous. I have work so it's hard to schedule a short flight :(

If it's for work, take a direct flight - make the company pay for your flight. Don't bend over and save your company a $100 or so ... no one will care, and in the end you'll be the one who is dead tired.

EastGTARedFlagger wrote: You will not get both cheap and fast to Seattle.
There goes our chance for Amazon HQ2 :(
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1530 posts
854 upvotes
The non stop one seems to be the best deal according to Google flights
Images
  • IMG_20180226_065825.png
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16618 posts
13936 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: PointsHubby mirrored what I was going to say... unless you fly Air Canada you won't get a nonstop to Seattle from Toronto, and I doubt anybody flies it nonstop from Buffalo (if anybody does it'd be JetBlue).

...

You're really stuck between a rock and a hard place, sorry. You will not get both cheap and fast to Seattle Pick which one is more important to you and book according.
coolspot wrote: ...

There goes our chance for Amazon HQ2 :(
Not necessarily... I have actually seen airlines COME TO A CITY / ADD ROUTES ... BECAUSE OF A GREAT OPPORTUNITY ARISING
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4348 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Not necessarily... I have actually seen airlines COME TO A CITY / ADD ROUTES ... BECAUSE OF A GREAT OPPORTUNITY ARISING
Exactly. Any bigwigs from Amazon would be flying on private jets anyway...

But for the good of the group, it's worth noting that Toronto to Seattle is definitely mainline AC (Airbus A320-200), not Rouge. Just to shut down the Rouge haters before they show up...
If getting Amazon HQ2 means more demand on the route, AC can simply switch to larger planes or add more flights. No biggie...
Member
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
Have you looked at flights out of Buffalo, NY?
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4348 upvotes
TartanToed wrote: Have you looked at flights out of Buffalo, NY?
The problem is the OP wants to get there in a hurry, which to me means nonstop, as that's a 5 hour flight. Nobody flies nonstop Buffalo to Seattle (I checked)... so that means driving 2 hours to BUF then adding a layover somewhere as well.

If the OP absolutely needs speed then Air Canada is the clear choice (besides hiring a private jet...)
Second best might be if he/she can get a really good deal on WestJet to Vancouver then driving the 2 hours to Seattle. He/she better be a NEXUS cardholder for that if speed is important
(edited to add: you'd better be a NEXUS cardholder and willing to pay 407 tolls most of the way if you're flying out of Buffalo and in a hurry....)

Somebody mentioned Detroit... DTW isn't near the border so you're probably talking 5 hour drive one way just to get there, then you need to be checking in an hour before departure... all this to save maybe $100 on a 5 hour flight? No sane person would do that...
Member
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: The problem is the OP wants to get there in a hurry, which to me means nonstop, as that's a 5 hour flight. Nobody flies nonstop Buffalo to Seattle (I checked)... so that means driving 2 hours to BUF then adding a layover somewhere as well.

If the OP absolutely needs speed then Air Canada is the clear choice (besides hiring a private jet...)
Second best might be if he/she can get a really good deal on WestJet to Vancouver then driving the 2 hours to Seattle. He/she better be a NEXUS cardholder for that if speed is important
(edited to add: you'd better be a NEXUS cardholder and willing to pay 407 tolls most of the way if you're flying out of Buffalo and in a hurry....)

Somebody mentioned Detroit... DTW isn't near the border so you're probably talking 5 hour drive one way just to get there, then you need to be checking in an hour before departure... all this to save maybe $100 on a 5 hour flight? No sane person would do that...
I totally understand the OP's issue. He wants fast service for low price and as you pointed out previously the OP won't get both. BUF is a good choice for cheap, but slightly longer flights. But, depending where in TO the OP is, travel time to BUF might be deal breaker. :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 26, 2015
1708 posts
1779 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks guys :)

I just wanted to see if there were any other options!

It's not a business trip. Wanted to go to something for leisure. I have a full time job so it's hard to get around that.
Penalty Box
Aug 10, 2010
781 posts
198 upvotes
Mars.
Cheapest way? You could walk and sleep at the side of the road.
Don't be a cooch.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1951 posts
707 upvotes
superangrypenguin wrote: Cheapest way? You could walk and sleep at the side of the road.
thank you for your post. you must be a super angry penguin.

Top