Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1702 posts
5744 upvotes

Get $10 for signing up for Ampli

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Checkout51
Use promo code AMPLIC51 to sign up with Ampli for the first time between July 9 and November 1, 2020 and link your Canadian financial institution online account (“Account”) to your Ampli account by November 15, 2020, to earn $10.00 cash back in your Checkout 51 account (“Offer”). You must complete all steps to sign up on or before November 1, 2020 then link an Account on or before November 15, 2020 to qualify for the Offer.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3634 posts
1419 upvotes
Montreal
this target for the 1/3 of peeps who refuse to sign up due to linking their bank account though, the rest have already sign up with previous offer. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes thx op its a great app and people shouldn't worry too much!
Aug 4, 2018
103 posts
326 upvotes
Nope, be worried. And I'm going to implore people ignore comments such as "people shouldn't worry too much!" and know just what you are getting into.

In the event of a compromise at Ampli, you are going to have to talk to your own bank and pray for a resolution, with the only protection being offered to RBC account holders. I'll include some of the legalese below that you are agreeing to. If Ampli is such a 'worry-free' offering, why do they choose not to protect everyone?

Oh and by the way, the other banks might not like the fact that you are providing your password and ID to a 3rd party. But don't take my word for it, call your bank. See how they feel about refunding you if Ampli is compromised. And don't be cocky to think it can't ever happen.

Here's what TD has to say: "TD does not endorse the application. In the event your banking is compromised resuling in loss, YOU are accepting the RISK. An investigation will occur and TD will not be found liable if it becomes apparant you have provided your account details to a 3rd party."

If you REALLY want that $10 incentive, at least use an account that presents zero risk to you because you have close to $0 in it and no overdraft or other accounts.

So here's a portion of Ampli's legalese, section 5 of the T&Cs that you are agreeing to:
It is your responsibility to review your agreements with your financial institution to determine whether disclosure to another party that offers services such as Aggregation Services is allowed, what the consequences of such disclosure may be and your liability in connection with such disclosure.

Limitation of Liability. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates will be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Aggregation Service; (b) the cost of getting substitute goods and services; (c) any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Aggregation Service; (d) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (e) statements or conduct of anyone on the Aggregation Service; or (f) any other matter relating to the Aggregation Service.

Read it all yourself on Ampli's website here.
tarushin wrote: this target for the 1/3 of peeps who refuse to sign up due to linking their bank account though, the rest have already sign up with previous offer. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes thx op its a great app and people shouldn't worry too much!
Mar 7, 2002
644 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Is Amplii a Drop competitor? Send like they do the same thing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7899 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
dP21 wrote: Is Amplii a Drop competitor? Send like they do the same thing.
No, Drop, you earn points buying from the list of merchants that is connected to them, when you reach a certain point you can use it to buy a GC. In Amplii, you earn $ and cash it out @ min of $15. You need to link an account on both of them.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2970 posts
1118 upvotes
Thornhill
Was this the best way to sign up? Or is there other ways for other benifits? I dont use checkout 51 all that much and i know you need 20 dollar min to cash out :0
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10932 posts
20796 upvotes
DavidF41898 wrote: Nope, be worried. And I'm going to implore people ignore comments such as "people shouldn't worry too much!" and know just what you are getting into...
What some people will do for 10 bucks.

Sometimes it's better to stay safe, and stop signing up for every little promotion thrown around, especially when it comes to banking.

One way or another, nothing is free!

Thanks just the same OP, this might be good for some.
Apr 10, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
Probably not the best idea to call TD and ask if they endorse and RBC product?

Asking for real though, no sass:
With Ampli being owned and operated by RBC, the account holders would be protected by the same encryption RBC client card users have so is your original statement really fair/true?
Like if RBC as a bank was hacked, yes then you're at risk, but Ampli has the same risk as getting a credit card from RBC so i'm trying to unpack your comment and appreciate you calling out the legal, I did not know! :)
DavidF41898 wrote: Nope, be worried. And I'm going to implore people ignore comments such as "people shouldn't worry too much!" and know just what you are getting into.

In the event of a compromise at Ampli, you are going to have to talk to your own bank and pray for a resolution, with the only protection being offered to RBC account holders. I'll include some of the legalese below that you are agreeing to. If Ampli is such a 'worry-free' offering, why do they choose not to protect everyone?

Oh and by the way, the other banks might not like the fact that you are providing your password and ID to a 3rd party. But don't take my word for it, call your bank. See how they feel about refunding you if Ampli is compromised. And don't be cocky to think it can't ever happen.

Here's what TD has to say: "TD does not endorse the application. In the event your banking is compromised resuling in loss, YOU are accepting the RISK. An investigation will occur and TD will not be found liable if it becomes apparant you have provided your account details to a 3rd party."

If you REALLY want that $10 incentive, at least use an account that presents zero risk to you because you have close to $0 in it and no overdraft or other accounts.

So here's a portion of Ampli's legalese, section 5 of the T&Cs that you are agreeing to:
It is your responsibility to review your agreements with your financial institution to determine whether disclosure to another party that offers services such as Aggregation Services is allowed, what the consequences of such disclosure may be and your liability in connection with such disclosure.

Limitation of Liability. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates will be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Aggregation Service; (b) the cost of getting substitute goods and services; (c) any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Aggregation Service; (d) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (e) statements or conduct of anyone on the Aggregation Service; or (f) any other matter relating to the Aggregation Service.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1702 posts
5744 upvotes
DavidF41898 wrote: Nope, be worried. And I'm going to implore people ignore comments such as "people shouldn't worry too much!" and know just what you are getting into.

I used a credit i rarely use with a lowered credit limit of $1,000, I’m going to remove it once i get my $10, and then change my passwords. I don’t mind the risk, a hack can happen at anytime but i think I’ll be fine for the next (at the latest) 10 business days. If Ampli gets hacked, then so does RBC.
Aug 4, 2018
103 posts
326 upvotes
Yep, credit card likely a much safer option. Most credit cards have a zero liability clause in their T&Cs.

Re: Ampli vs RBC, they’re likely kept very separate by design. If someone hacks Ampli, this wouldn’t imply that they get RBC data for non-Ampli users.
phoreoneone wrote: I used a credit i rarely use with a lowered credit limit of $1,000, I’m going to remove it once i get my $10, and then change my passwords. I don’t mind the risk, a hack can happen at anytime but i think I’ll be fine for the next (at the latest) 10 business days. If Ampli gets hacked, then so does RBC.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4091 posts
763 upvotes
Can't link a PC credit card? Thinking Face
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9098 posts
1576 upvotes
TO

Thanks for the indepth info, going to remove my RBC account info from the app. They have good promos from time to time but not worth this risk.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Nov 30, 2017
292 posts
196 upvotes
phoreoneone wrote: I used a credit i rarely use with a lowered credit limit of $1,000, I’m going to remove it once i get my $10, and then change my passwords. I don’t mind the risk, a hack can happen at anytime but i think I’ll be fine for the next (at the latest) 10 business days. If Ampli gets hacked, then so does RBC.
DavidF41898 wrote: Yep, credit card likely a much safer option. Most credit cards have a zero liability clause in their T&Cs.

Re: Ampli vs RBC, they’re likely kept very separate by design. If someone hacks Ampli, this wouldn’t imply that they get RBC data for non-Ampli users.

Does unlinking a card mean they actually stop receiving information from the bank centre? Even though they know your cc number and expiry date and everything
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
2044 posts
320 upvotes

Whats the "Aggregation Service" are they selling your banking transaction history to advertisers ?
Aug 4, 2018
103 posts
326 upvotes
RichardMan wrote: Does unlinking a card mean they actually stop receiving information from the bank centre? Even though they know your cc number and expiry date and everything
Possibly, but I wouldn't count on it. You'd probably have to read their Privacy Policy and understand how they destroy data. And that's assuming they follow their own processes, they don't have rogue employees, etc. Best to just change your password (and use 2FA!)
Aug 4, 2018
103 posts
326 upvotes
roggers wrote: Whats the "Aggregation Service" are they selling your banking transaction history to advertisers ?
You'll probably have to consult their Privacy Policy to know how they use your data.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)