• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2019 9:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9732 posts
2405 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 6:04 pm
It's not just that, it's also the fact that Cheesecake factory slices can be found at other restaurants with NO line up.
Shoeless Joe's is one of those restaurants:

I can one up you..

We bought a box of their cheesecakes at Longos in the summer.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14082 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:40 am
I can one up you..

We bought a box of their cheesecakes at Longos in the summer.
...and is there any difference in taste between the restaurant slice and a slice from the grocery store?
The only main thought I seem to have is "portion control" lol
I'd be tempted to eat more than one slice!!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3963 posts
714 upvotes
Aurora
Cheesecake Factory is permanently busy, deservedly or not, in every location we've ever been to, and we've been to several.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:14 am
...and is there any difference in taste between the restaurant slice and a slice from the grocery store?
No, the restaurant and grocery store gets the cheesecake from 'The Cheesecake Factory Bakery'

from https://investors.thecheesecakefactory. ... fault.aspx

We own and operate two bakery production facilities, one in Calabasas Hills, California, and one in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, where we produce approximately 70 varieties of cheesecakes and other baked desserts based on proprietary recipes.

The primary role of our bakery operations is to produce innovative, high quality cheesecakes and other baked desserts for sale at our restaurants and those of our international licensees. Vertical integration of this vital part of our brand gives us control over the creativity and quality of our desserts and is also more profitable than buying from a third party. We also leverage our brand identity and profitably utilize our bakery production capacity by selling cheesecakes and other baked products to external foodservice operators, retailers and distributors.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9294 posts
1080 upvotes
I assume that other stores don't carry the really specialty cheesecakes. That's what I go to CF for.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14082 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
ericlewis91 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 2:15 pm
Will they open a second CF in Toronto?
If you fiddle with this page it might drop a hint of where the next location might surface: https://www.cakecareers.com/#home
(That's how I learned about the Toronto (North York) location long before it opened.)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7099 posts
1604 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 7:07 pm
If you fiddle with this page it might drop a hint of where the next location might surface: https://www.cakecareers.com/#home
(That's how I learned about the Toronto (North York) location long before it opened.)
Why dont you just tell people instead of having everyone "fiddle" with that page?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14082 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 2:04 pm
Why dont you just tell people instead of having everyone "fiddle" with that page?
Keep an eye on it. It's where the info will leak.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1134 posts
335 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I didn't bother fiddling but I think I heard/read that Sherway Gardens is the next location.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14082 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
icantfigureoutausername wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 10:13 pm
I didn't bother fiddling but I think I heard/read that Sherway Gardens is the next location.
Didn't Cactus club take that space?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1509 posts
471 upvotes
Although I would love for a CF to show up at Sherway, they just opened up the cactus club and have a huge Keg restaurant and a pickle barrel. I don't know if they could put one in.
Square one would make sense.
Alex
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14082 posts
2507 upvotes
Toronto
sherman51 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 10:19 am
Although I would love for a CF to show up at Sherway, they just opened up the cactus club and have a huge Keg restaurant and a pickle barrel. I don't know if they could put one in.
Square one would make sense.
Thank-you. I think that might be what my point is. I just wasn't sure if there is yet to be one more restaurant at that mall soon.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4628 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Markville Mall.

Nothing would be near west side as existing one is already there.
High rent in Downtown area so won't happen.
Spending trend tells you Markham is a good pick for second location in Toronto.
ericlewis91 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 2:15 pm
Will they open a second CF in Toronto?
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Mar 16, 2007
675 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Where I can buy CF cakes/ slices in Mississauga (other than restaurants)?