Hot Deals

[Chef's Plate] Chef's Plate/Rakuten $29.97-$15=$14.97 for 3 recipes, 2 portions each

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 11:04 am
Sep 10, 2019
8 posts
11 upvotes
stillmatic11 wrote: Will give this a try for free and can't really complain but the menu doesn't look amazing. Definitely could not see myself paying full price for this.

Also kind of surprising how many choices require added an additional $3 or 4 per serving which further limits options.
Damn, when you're already paying $60 but half the items are an extra $3-4 per serving.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1210 posts
223 upvotes
If you do the 4 person 2 meal plan with the code mentioned in one of the posts, you can get this free and can also confirm $15 showed up on my Rakuten instantly as well. Turns out to be a really sweet deal.

But, be wary of the additional $3 or $4 per serving for some meals that they will even pre-select for you. I don't even understand the price premium for a lot of the menu items to be honest.
Jan 19, 2014
28 posts
136 upvotes
AlicW93740 wrote: Amazing! Thanks for sharing! How did you come by this coupon?
No problem! I used it myself a few weeks back; believe I found it buried in a reddit thread
Jan 30, 2008
605 posts
113 upvotes
Thanks so much for the code! Just used it and shared with a friend. Currently subscribe to goodfood and hellofresh but have been wanting to try Chef's Plate for a while now.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1503 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
stillmatic11 wrote: If you do the 4 person 2 meal plan with the code mentioned in one of the posts, you can get this free and can also confirm $15 showed up on my Rakuten instantly as well. Turns out to be a really sweet deal.

But, be wary of the additional $3 or $4 per serving for some meals that they will even pre-select for you. I don't even understand the price premium for a lot of the menu items to be honest.
I just completed the order, but my Rakuten account doesn't show $15 CB. What browser did you use? Did it show ion your Rakuten account right away, right after you complete the order with Chefs plate?
Last edited by spy cl on Jun 29th, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1210 posts
223 upvotes
spy cl wrote: I just completed the order, but my Rakuten account doesn't show $15 CB. What browser did you use?
I used Chrome and made sure to turn off ad blocker. Also confirmed the shopping trip was tracked before ordering. If you see shopping trip tracked on your Rakuten account, you most likely should be ok.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1503 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
stillmatic11 wrote: I used Chrome and made sure to turn off ad blocker. Also confirmed the shopping trip was tracked before ordering. If you see shopping trip tracked on your Rakuten account, you most likely should be ok.
I see, I used Firefox .. hm... did it show up within few hours or right ? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1210 posts
223 upvotes
spy cl wrote: I see, I used Firefox .. hm... did it show up within few hours or right ? Thanks.
Showed up instantly for me within 10 minutes, but Rakuten tends to be ymmv and often can take days. Not sure you would still get it if you have to report missing cashback but could be worth a try if it doesn't show up after a week or so.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1503 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
stillmatic11 wrote: Showed up instantly for me within 10 minutes, but Rakuten tends to be ymmv and often can take days. Not sure you would still get it if you have to report missing cashback but could be worth a try if it doesn't show up after a week or so.
yeah, it's ok, if it doens't show, $60 worth of free food is decent enough.
Nov 26, 2013
14 posts
2 upvotes
I've tried most of the available meal kits available in Ontario and I must say chefs plate is at the bottom of my list. Taste wise it's fine but it did not take a stop at flavourtown. The ingredients were fresh but the handling (on the part of their courier) and packaging could use a lot of help. My box arrived with steak juices everywhere from a punctured vacuum seal steak package. Curry paste oil was on everything because the screw top container doesn't exactly give a water tight seal. Imagine the frustration of having highly staining curry oil on every surface of every package and having to open every package.

I did get the box half price but it left a lot to be desired. It definitely could be better if they tried. They got a lot of catching up to do with their competitors.

Overall experience: Not so good.
Taste: Meh
Will I resubscribe? Nope. Unless it's free or close to it.
Oct 1, 2018
16 posts
7 upvotes
Hi Guys, for anyone who subscribe and took the for 2 and 4 meals a week.
What is the best way not get charged?

I can see it on my history that I have paid for the Dinner for 2 (4 recipes/week)
but when I go to edit my meal plan. I can see above that it would cost $79.92?

Same thing under meal plan. and I can't skip that week (I skip the next 3 weeks since I'm guessing it will automatically charged me that)
Jun 6, 2004
34 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks, signed up and went for 4 meals for $5. The $15 cashback showed up within about an hour.
Mar 20, 2006
109 posts
8 upvotes
Thank you I Just ordered!
Zoomer Wireless Customer
Jun 14, 2020
2 posts
When should be the best time to call in and cancel to prevent charges on the credit card?